Nuclear Assault

Jul 19, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Ok, so as some of you who read / posted in the DARK ANGEL thread that I started, I'm starting to explore into older, less well known thrash bands, after listening to just stuff like Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer for a while.

So I've got a few Nuclear Assault songs on my computer, which sound pretty good. The thing is, they seem to have several albums... I'm really liking the songs Critical Mass, Surgery, and Torture Tactics.

Can you give me some suggestions as to which CDs to start out with?

RideForVengance said:
Also, on a simmilar subject, I should ask, what would you consider Death Angels best release?

With Nuclear Assault i would start off with the album Survive... the best one in my opinion then you can try their other ones out from their.. as for Death Angel get Ultra-Violence, Act III and Art of Dying ...

I've only got the Plague and Handle With Care by Nuclear Assault and they are both good, but I haven't had either for long enough to give a fair judgement... The Ultra-Violence is a MUST at least, but get Act III as well.

I've got Game Over and Something Wicked of which Something Wicked totaly rocks imo. You really should check it out, if you're on Soulseek you can get it from me.

^ what he said!

Though the new one I think is worth checking out if you want more :) the other two are good but different. The Ultra-Violence will pretty much sort you for life though! :D

yeah, a list of bands might be ok, in the Dark Angel forum there alot of lists of bands, the problem being that i cant find many of them on limewire or soulseek, and i dont wanna buy a cd of a band i've never heard.

im probably gonna buy Violent Revolution by Kreator, though

Violent Revolution is good for what it is, but it can NOT compare with any of the stuff up to and counting Coma of Souls... I suggest you start with Coma and maybe move backwards if the brutality of Endless Pain and Pleasure to kill might scare you off. Flag of Hate is probably the best EP ever, get it (availible as bonus on cd issues of PtK and vinyls of Endless Pain since an original copy might prove difficult to find)

Since you get two releases in one, I say it's tough to beat "THe Plague/Game Over."

As far as Death Angel, they aren't really one of my top bands when they do the thrash thing. I prefer the more diverse "Act III" over any of their others.

Bryant

RideForVengance said:
Ok, so as some of you who read / posted in the DARK ANGEL thread that I started, I'm starting to explore into older, less well known thrash bands, after listening to just stuff like Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer for a while.

So I've got a few Nuclear Assault songs on my computer, which sound pretty good. The thing is, they seem to have several albums... I'm really liking the songs Critical Mass, Surgery, and Torture Tactics.

Can you give me some suggestions as to which CDs to start out with?

Hi RideForVengence
Nuclear Assault were a classic thrash metal band. The GAME OVER album is pretty awesome, thats the one i would recommend, though handle with care is pretty good but not a patch on game over. The last track on the game over album (brain death) is particularly awesome.

crystal dawn

:headbang: :wave: