Thrash Comp. Tape

Sgt_D

The Godfather
Jun 16, 2004
Karlstad, SWEDEN
Heyah!

I just recorded an old school thrash metal tape. Yes, tapes are lame soundwise, but I can't stop loving those lo-fi bastards :)

Well, here it goes!

A:

S.O.D. - Pussy Whipped
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Sodom - Agent Orange
Forbidden - Chalice Of Blood
Death Angel - Voracious Souls
The Haunted - 99 (Not old school, but damn good!)
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Exodus - Brain Dead
Heathen - Opiate Of The Masses

B:

Kreator - Betrayer
Slayer - Chemical Warfare
Merciless - Souls Of The Dead
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Nuclear Assault - Critical Mass
Dark Angel - The Burning Of Sodom
Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells
Anthrax - Indians
Destruction - Mad Butcher

What are your thought on my choice, and what would your cassette include?

Hmm maybe I'm just bored, but it's a fun subject :)

\m/ 0 o \m/

Nice mix, very diversed and not cliché ;)

Sadly I'm not too much into thrash as I should be, so mine will be something like:

Metallica - 'Master Of Puppets'
Megadeth - 'Looking Down The Cross'
Metal Church - 'Badlands'
Meliah Rage - 'Solitary Solitude'
Pariah - 'Puppet Regime'
Kreator - 'Pandemonium'
Coroner - 'Pale Sister'
Testament - 'Low'
Death Angel - 'The Ultra-Violence'
Angel Dust - 'Atomic Roar'
Anthrax - 'Be All, End All'
Suicidal Tendencies - 'Trip At The Brain'
S.O.D. - 'We All Bleed Red'
Slayer - 'War Ensamble'
Anacrusis - 'Paint A Picture'

I guess my comp. would be something like this:

Metallica - Battery
F.K.Ü - Stomp and Shake (Crystal Lake)
Nuclear Assault - Search and Seizure
The Haunted - Undead
S.O.D - King At The King/Evil Is In
Annihilator - Epic Of War
Forbidden - Through Eyes Of Glass
Leeway - On The Outside
Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua
M.O.D - Godzula
Sodom - Code Red
Sepultura - Arise
Exodus - Fabolous Disaster
Megadeth - Tornado Of Souls
Overkill - Horrorscope
Anthrax - Stand Or Fall
Exhorder - Exhorder
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Forced Entry - Bone Crackin´Fever
Kreator - People Of The Lie
C.O.C - Fuel (They are not thrash, but that song is as thrash as it gets :D )
Lamb Of God - Ruin ( Not exactly an old band but a great song)
Testament - Apocalyptic City
Slayer - Spirit In Black

That´s it, but I could make this list go on and on but I have control myself hehe :loco:

Annihilator - Human Insecticide
Anthrax - Madhouse
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence
Destruction - Curse The Gods
Exhorder - Desecrator
Exodus - Brain Dead
Flotsam And Jetsam - Swatting At Flies
Kreator - Betrayer
Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
Metallica - Creeping Death
Over Kill - Shred
S.O.D. - Speak English Or Die
Sacred Reich - Death Squad
Sepultura - Inner Self
Slayer - Angel Of Death
Sodom - Agent Orange
Testament - Over The Wall
Vio-lence - Officer Nice

I made a tape yesterday for work (I only have a cassette deck there and I can barely hear anything anyway because my machine is fucking loud) and it contains Testament - the Legacy, Testament - The New Order and Dark Angel - Darkness Descends. In my car I have some 25 albums or so which I ripped so I could make one mp3cd so I wouldn't have to fill the car with discs.

I won't be original, here's my thrash classics tape :

Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Forbidden - Chalice of Blood
Kreator - People of the Lie
Artillery - Khomaniac
Mekong Delta - True Lies
Sodom - Agent Orange
Nasty Savage - Gladiator
Paradox - Heresy
Overkill - Evil Never Dies

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Heathen - Heathen's Song
Vio-Lence - Kill on Command
Anacrusis - Present Tense
Testament - Sins of Omission
Sepultura - Arise
SOD - Milk
Destruction - Curse the Gods
Annihilator - Imperiled Eyes
Slayer - Angel of Death

Fangface said:
It's taken from their second album, "The Music of Erich Zann".

Very underrated band indeed!
-----------------------------------------------

Damn. I'm retarded. I have that one and I didn't know the title of the song. I'm obligated to know my shit since I'm pretentious about that when it comes to others hahaha
I guess I have flaws like everybody else ;)

ok, lemme in on this!

Exodus-Bonded By Blood
Death Angel-Mistress Of Pain
Coroner-DOA
Sepultura-Beneath The Remains
Testament-Raging Waters
Anthrax-Caught In A Mosh
Dark Angel-The Burning Of Sodom
Anacrusis-Still Black
Kreator-Terror Zone
Megadeth-Good Mourning/Black Friday

Slayer-Hell Awaits
Annihilator-Schizos (Are Never Alone) Parts 1 And 2
Sodom-Nuclear Winter
Metallica-Trapped Under Ice
Sabbat-Do Dark Horses Dream Of Nightmares?
Forbidden-Through Eyes Of Glass
Destruction-Bullets From Hell
Exhorder - Desecrator
Vio-Lence-Kill On Command
Overkill-E.vil N.ever D.ies

Not all of the following songs may qualify as "genuine" thrash metal, but these are some I would pick:

Metallica - Fight Fire With Fire
Megadeth - Bad Omen
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Flotsam & Jetsam - I Live, You Die
Anacrusis - Present Tense
Testament - Raging Waters
Hexenhaus - Incubus
Détente - Shattered Illusions
Fear Of God - Drift
Voivod - Killing Technology
Mekong Delta - Prophecy
Znowhite - A Soldier´s Creed
Coroner - Totentanz
Original Sin - Enchantress Of Death
Holy Moses - Current Of Death
Suicidal Tendencies - You Can´t Bring Me Down
Nuclear Assault - Cross Of Iron
Hades - The Leaders?
Megace - Repetitions Of Human Errors (demo version)

hehe you're right when you say that you prefer female vocals over male vocals, I've never seen so many female fronted bands in a thrash compilation ;) And that's cool! :loco:

Fangface said:
hehe you're right when you say that you prefer female vocals over male vocals, I've never seen so many female fronted bands in a thrash compilation ;) And that's cool! :loco:
And I´m afraid I nearly named them all:D , at least those who had at least one official album release. Well, maybe "Beyond The Realms Of Madness" by Sacrilege also qualifies as thrash and perhaps Volkana from Brasil, but that´s all who come to my mind. Well there may be some obscure bands I haven´t heard of yet. At first I also wanted to include "Flesh City" by Atrox (surprise! surprise!:D ), but then I noticed that it said "old school thrash" in the first post, so I had to delete it.:erk:

Znöwhite ; Do or die
Nuclear Assault ; Stranded in Hell
Metallica ; Whiplash
DRI ; Who am I
SOD : Kill yourselve
Zoetrope : indecent obsessions
Hirax : Bombs of Death
Exciter : HM Maniac
Agent Steel ; 140000 gone
Detente ; Losers
Abattoir ; Screams from the grave
Destruction ; Destruction
Voivod ; Voivod
Slayer ; Angel of Death
Anthrax ; Metal Thrashing Mad
Possessed ; 7 Churches
Sacred Blade ; Salem
Savage Grace ; The Dominatress
Nasty Savage ; XXX
Death Angel ; Ultra Violence
Suicidal Tendencies ; You can't bring me down

I'm too lazy to add anymore to my list :loco:

Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Coroner - Arrogance In Uniform
Death Angel - Bored
Overkill - Nice Day For A Funeral
Anacrusis - Paint A Picture
Kreator - People of the Lie
Megadeth - Holy Wars..The Punishment Due
Annihilator - w.t.y.d.
Metallica - Seek and Destroy
Forbidden - Infinite
Slayer - Angel of Death
Vio-lence - Calling in the Coroner
Mekong Delta - Them
Sodom - Agent Orange

Burkhard said:
Which album is this song from? Is it a cover version they recorded for some tribute album?

from Satan Stole My Teddybear:
http://www.ssmt-reviews.com/db/

Death Cult 1986 Demo

Every band has to start from somewhere and in the case of Switzerland's incredible Coroner, their beginnings were on a somewhat infamous demo called Death Cult that may have unfairly labelled them as "Celtic Frost Jr." in their early days. But considering a certain Tom G. Warrior provided vocals for the demo may have something to do with that. In their early embryonic stage, Coroner had not yet found a suitable vocalist for their fairly complex and very talented thrash metal and Warrior, the pal that he is, helped provide the throat for the demo tape. As a result, there is a definite Celtic Frost tinge to the music, but solely because Warrior has such a striking and identifiable voice. Otherwise, Coroner's sound was already a well formulated and quite realized blueprint for pretty much their entire recording career. Although the rough demo production does reduce some of Coroner's sound to a garage quality, their ability shines through like gold.

The demo eventually resurfaced in the form of compact disc around 1996, more or less a bootleg of the demo and tacking on "Arrogance in Uniform", which originally appeared on a Noise Int. compilation. Given this particular song features bassist Ron Royce on his permanent vocal duties as well as full scale production, the bonus track sticks out a bit, mostly due to its sequencing in the midst of the demo and not at the end. Regardless, the CD still allows Coroner fanatics (and that's all there is out there since you are either fanatical about this amazing band or you aren't a fan at all, and in that case there is just something entirely amiss with you) to hear the band in their earliest stages. Most importantly, it is noteworthy to hear how top notch the talent was, even under the guise of Motorhead-ish sound quality. Coroner fans, do what you must to get ahold of this demo because it'll fill in the last of the blank lines for the band.

Review by John Chedsey

delize said:
from Satan Stole My Teddybear:
http://www.ssmt-reviews.com/db/

Death Cult 1986 Demo

Every band has to start from somewhere and in the case of Switzerland's incredible Coroner, their beginnings were on a somewhat infamous demo called Death Cult that may have unfairly labelled them as "Celtic Frost Jr." in their early days. But considering a certain Tom G. Warrior provided vocals for the demo may have something to do with that. In their early embryonic stage, Coroner had not yet found a suitable vocalist for their fairly complex and very talented thrash metal and Warrior, the pal that he is, helped provide the throat for the demo tape. As a result, there is a definite Celtic Frost tinge to the music, but solely because Warrior has such a striking and identifiable voice. Otherwise, Coroner's sound was already a well formulated and quite realized blueprint for pretty much their entire recording career. Although the rough demo production does reduce some of Coroner's sound to a garage quality, their ability shines through like gold.

The demo eventually resurfaced in the form of compact disc around 1996, more or less a bootleg of the demo and tacking on "Arrogance in Uniform", which originally appeared on a Noise Int. compilation. Given this particular song features bassist Ron Royce on his permanent vocal duties as well as full scale production, the bonus track sticks out a bit, mostly due to its sequencing in the midst of the demo and not at the end. Regardless, the CD still allows Coroner fanatics (and that's all there is out there since you are either fanatical about this amazing band or you aren't a fan at all, and in that case there is just something entirely amiss with you) to hear the band in their earliest stages. Most importantly, it is noteworthy to hear how top notch the talent was, even under the guise of Motorhead-ish sound quality. Coroner fans, do what you must to get ahold of this demo because it'll fill in the last of the blank lines for the band.

Review by John Chedsey
This sounds very interesting! Well, I never cared much about compilation albums, otherwise I might have heard about "Arrogance In Uniform" before. (Perhaps I should do some research and look through the album reviews in some old metal magazines from 1986.) I think I already know someone who might be able to help me finding this bootleg CD. :)yell: Greeno!)
Thanks for posting this review, delize!:)