NUCLEAR BLAST ALL STAR CD HOLY F**K! Edguy, Sonata etc!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
http://www.nuclearblast.de/band_showa.php?action=disco&artist=739&catid=NB%201799&out=2007-06-01

Holy shit these tunes are KILLER!

Anyone else heard about this? I been crankin the Tobias Sammett one, and Tony Kakko one for the last half hour alone!

Dirty Wings (feat. Tobias Sammet - EDGUY)
Terrified (feat. Peter “Peavy” Wagner - RAGE)
Ruling The World (feat. Tony Kakko - SONATA ARCTICA)
Death Is Alive (feat. Mats Leven - THERION / KRUX)
Bloodsucker (feat. Marcel “Schmier” Schirmer - DESTRUCTION)
Slaves To The Desert (feat. Hansi Kürsch - BLIND GUARDIAN)
A Perfect Day (feat. Andi Deris - HELLOWEEN)
Eternally (feat. Oddleif Stensland - COMMUNIC)
Inner Sanctuary (feat. Marco Hietala - NIGHTWISH / TAROT)
In The Picture (feat. Tarja Turunen - Ex-NIGHTWISH)

Do we have a release date for this or anything? Are promos going out yet?

My CD review partner was kind enough to send the tunes over to me until I get to check my mail at my other temp residence to see what version showed up (promo or retail).

The Japan release is May 30th, and "may" contain a bonus track.

this is fucking killer...Victor Smolski is a GOD Damn..Terrified reminds me old RAGE tunes..WOW :)

That's a fucking insult to have that **** Tarja follow up Marco on the same cd.

Edit: Yeah, somebody had to say it. I may even get flamed to death for it. And that censorship is mine. Slap the word of your choice in the blank, folks.

That's a fucking insult to have that **** Tarja follow up Marco on the same cd.

Edit: Yeah, somebody had to say it. I may even get flamed to death for it. And that censorship is mine. Slap the word of your choice in the blank, folks.

Tarja was there and helped build their fanbase long before Marco showed up. I hate to break that to you.

~Brian~

Tarja was there and helped build their fanbase long before Marco showed up. I hate to break that to you.

~Brian~

"I don't need Nightwish anymore" - Tarja Turunen

Hate to break it to you :heh:

The very band that MADE her career possible is the same one A)She spit on. And, B) Whose fans in the US she spit on by forcing the cancellation of the second US tour. Tarja, by all accounts, wanted nothing more to do with metal. Then, what the hell is this? This isn't exactly a LeAnn Rimes cover Tarja is doing. Tarja and her crackhead husband are so phony and transparent, they make the wretling Vince McMahon puts out look real.

As for Marco: Tarja doesn't deserve to smell his s**t! Granted, Tarja was Nightwish's voice. However, Marco Hietala took NW to the next level. He actually made Tuomas a better songwriter. Yes, Tarja is gone, and she will be replaced by someone whpo will take Nightwish to the next level. Lose Marco? Close shop because Nightwish is done.

Peace,
Ray C.

"I don't need Nightwish anymore" - Tarja Turunen

Hate to break it to you :heh:

The very band that MADE her career possible is the same one A)She spit on. And, B) Whose fans in the US she spit on by forcing the cancellation of the second US tour. Tarja, by all accounts, wanted nothing more to do with metal. Then, what the hell is this? This isn't exactly a LeAnn Rimes cover Tarja is doing. Tarja and her crackhead husband are so phony and transparent, they make the wretling Vince McMahon puts out look real.

As for Marco: Tarja doesn't deserve to smell his s**t! Granted, Tarja was Nightwish's voice. However, Marco Hietala took NW to the next level. He actually made Tuomas a better songwriter. Yes, Tarja is gone, and she will be replaced by someone whpo will take Nightwish to the next level. Lose Marco? Close shop because Nightwish is done.

Peace,
Ray C.

People are people. Eventhough I don't proclaim to be a Nightwish expert or even really care what happened between the band and Tarja. Nightwish has a ton of pressure on them to have a front lady as good as Tarja. I believe they're probably smart enough to admit that. It must be really tough on Marco since apparently he can make or break the band now. I appreciate the enlightenment by the way.

Peace
Brian C.

Ahhh so the "into the light" "out of the dark" thing explains why this disc is loaded with powermetal vocalists (glaring exception being Schmier). That kinda sucks, I was hoping that Victor would also write tunes for more extreme vocalists... ah well, really looking forward to this anyway (especially Schmier's track and the new Rage song).

Tarja doesn't need Nightwish though. Isn't that obvious? Have you seen how her solo albums are selling?

And anyhow. She was kicked out of Nightwish. As for the US incident... its hard to blame her fully. Obviously she wasn't fully dedicated to Nightwish. But the band also made their mistakes by violating the contract by 'booking' those shows in the first place. Things happen.

Im not a big Tarja fan but I gotta admit she sounds awesome on this track. Like stated I dont think she *needs* Nightwish.

Tarja doesn't need Nightwish though. Isn't that obvious? Have you seen how her solo albums are selling?

And anyhow. She was kicked out of Nightwish. As for the US incident... its hard to blame her fully. Obviously she wasn't fully dedicated to Nightwish. But the band also made their mistakes by violating the contract by 'booking' those shows in the first place. Things happen.

Don't get me started! :mad: :mad: :mad: What do you mean "violated contracts"? It's TUOMAS' BAND! Tarja considered HERSELF a "guest musician" for Nightwish, not the other way around. Nightwish was trying to uphold the label obligations, as any smart band would. Tarja refused, or as she would put it, she did not "confirm" it. That's right. She would not confirm the US and Australia tour because there was not enough money for her and her lowlife husband. What was even more damning with this whole episode is that Tarja never, and I repeat NEVER, once repudiated or disputed ANYTHING in that letter.

I have a better idea, why don't you drop a quarter and call Tom Youngblood. Why don't you ask him what would happen to Khan if he pulled the same shit that Tarja did in Oslo. For those of you who did not know, she wanted to cancel a SOLD OUT show at the Rockefeller so she could go to the movies with friends. A charge to THIS VERY DAY she and her husband have NEVER disputed. I GUARANDAMTEE you that ANY frontman, or any other member of any band that pulled that shit would be bounced on their ass.

Pardon the rant.

Peace,
Ray C.

For those that wanna hear some cuts off this check the thread I made about my radio show coming up in a little while.