Nuendo 3 -> Reaper

Nuendo and Cubase are way more powerful than Reaper. No reason to switch.

Well what do you mean by "powerful," dude? In terms of functionality, I'm sure if there were anything Cubendo could do that Reaper couldn't, the creator would've addressed it by now in one of the bajillion updates that there have been, unless we're talking like hardcore video editing and all, which I couldn't care less about.

I think there is a few powerful things Reaper can do that Nuendo/Cubase can't. My only complain about Reaper is the interface.

Well what do you mean by "powerful," dude? In terms of functionality, I'm sure if there were anything Cubendo could do that Reaper couldn't, the creator would've addressed it by now in one of the bajillion updates that there have been, unless we're talking like hardcore video editing and all, which I couldn't care less about.

Drum grid!

Eh, I'm fine with the piano roll, though probably because in all my time using Cubase, I never used the drum grid :erk: Whatevs, Reaper works great for me, and what's your compaint with the interface JHRV? Once you disconnect the mixer, you can make it full screen and toggle it just like you would with F3 in Cubendo.

And the MIDI features in Reaper are severely lacking compared to Cubendo. Also, the VST-instrument endurance is horrible in Reaper: slap in the usual 8-10 instruments and prepare for the fireworks. Reaper crashes within minutes, especially when you are composing something and you constantly start and stop playback when checking how it sounds. And don't even think of automating some knobs on the instruments.

On the same computer, slap in the same instruments and multiple instances of them too, and Cubendo just continues on with no problems.

Eh, I'm fine with the piano roll, though probably because in all my time using Cubase, I never used the drum grid :erk: Whatevs, Reaper works great for me, and what's your compaint with the interface JHRV? Once you disconnect the mixer, you can make it full screen and toggle it just like you would with F3 in Cubendo.

I'm not sure what is so special about the Cubase Drum Grid, but I can't honestly see how it is better than Reaper. I'm assuming that if you have Reaper you have checked out the official forum? Theres a little plugin on there called Midi_Note_Namer, it allows you to load up a drum grid on the Midi screen for pretty much any piece of software. I have grids for EZDrummer, DFH Superior, DFH EZX etc. Works flawlessly.

And the MIDI features in Reaper are severely lacking compared to Cubendo. Also, the VST-instrument endurance is horrible in Reaper: slap in the usual 8-10 instruments and prepare for the fireworks. Reaper crashes within minutes, especially when you are composing something and you constantly start and stop playback when checking how it sounds. And don't even think of automating some knobs on the instruments.

On the same computer, slap in the same instruments and multiple instances of them too, and Cubendo just continues on with no problems.

I admit Reaper has its bugs when constantly stop/starting but I've run Superior and a couple of instances of EWQL Symphony Orch. and it's rarely an issue. It does have a tendancy to randomly crash occasionally though.

EDIT: I'll also add that one of the reasons that I love Reaper is because it is slightly home-brewed. You pop over to the forum and you're almost guaranteed that some other bright-spark has engineered a new little Reaper-compatible gizmo. It's in a constant (almost daily) state of updating and innovating, often by the very people who use it on a day to day basis. How often does Cubase update? I bet it isn't anywhere near as often.

Until somebody makes something better than Cubase's Drum Editor, it pwns anything else as far as I'm concerned. That and it's resource efficiency, such as Tornio's example...I love Cubase.

~006