numbers

Working on a first pass mix right now. Gonna get some feedback from Hyde (bass player) on it prior to posting the karaoke mix.

You should have it in your hands sometime tomorrow night.
:)

Hyde - I posted a first pass mix of the instruments in my locker. Can you grab it and give me comments?

I am especially concernced with the bass line...do you think it is too loud? Should I EQ is some?

I'll take playing comments too..if you want...but keep the following in mind - that I already know.
1. My solo sucks.
2. There are bits at the end where my arm gave out and I am falling slightly behind the beat. :(
3. The crashing chords at the begining and end are not as tight as I would like - but given how we record..its very hard to come in completely together each time.

I'm listening to it right now rabies.

I like your guitar work I think it's pretty tight except for the parts you mentioned.

My bass track makes me cringe though. Is there anything you can do to help out the tone? Drop the mids? Boost the low end?
Distort the hell out of it? :lol:

At times my bass definitely seems too loud. At the beginning before your second guitar comes in it seems really loud. Maybe it's just the tone that makes it jump out so much in spots. I'd rather hear your guitar upfront than my bass track.

That first solo is the one crossy was going to redo isn't it?

Your solo isn't so bad, except the spot well...you know!:) :D

The timing on this song nearly killed me. I don't think it can be much tighter than it is given how we did it.
Really the only thing I don't like about this mix is my bass tone and the way that I'm off time right after the solo part when we come back in around 3:24. I'm not sure if I really played that far of time or if cakewalk added a screw up for me! That's why I'm not using cakewalk to record anymore, just for mixing.

Yea..something needs to be done with the bass. killer playing..but very middy. This is why you get the preview alone. :)

i'll see what i can do to bring up the low end.
I'll have to draw volume pans for the bass track then..It is no louder anywhere in the track, it just pops out some because of tone...and the begining is the most notable.

I gave up on the crashing chords. The only way to have gotten it tighter was to cheat and punch each one in and digitally manipulate it to come in at the exact right time. I opted for the straight through rhythm track..for cohesion..and pride. :p

I'll have another track up later tonight...if myplay does not delete it. I had to upload that one about 5 times. :mad:

...solo isn't so bad...heh heh...spoken like a politician. I actually never bothered trying to record it again this time around. That was a take i had preserved long ago. I gave it a couple tries again recently and realized I pretty much forgot how it went..so I was not going to get anything better soon. :eek: listening to the original, i think Adrian himself cheated and punched in on spots...most notably the end....so I don't feel so bad.

I dunno if crossy was going to redo the solo or not...but we've not heard much from him lately, so I just went with what we had. That is also the reason why i went ahead and recorded the 2nd rhythm track.

..alright..off to manipulate wav files....

Thanks for first shot at the preview. Do what you can with the bass. I think this track is going to sound good. :)

Upload 5 times? Damn that sucks.:(

Soon 7th, soon. Probably tomorrow night. I am working some of the kinks out of the mix. Glad to see you are eager. =)

I don't want you to use what i have now because i will be changing the timing on the master karaoke track...once I get everything close to where I have it. Right now, the karaoke track starts with the last clippet of the spoken introduction. I am going to extend it to include the whole thing...which would throw anything you record with the current track off.

...this is probably more explanation than you need..but oh well.

:p