NYC prog/hard rock band seeks basist

Thorns of Sorrow

My pic is squished
Apr 18, 2002
New York City
Visit site
Hey all,

My band Relayer, is looking for a new bass player, we are a very serious band that rehearses 3 times a week at a studio, as well as having tons of original material, and songs. We are looking for a committed, hard working bassist, that lives within the 5 boroughs of NYC....

The Influences include:

Opeth
Dream theater
Tool
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Alice In Chains
Kyuss
Kings X
Katatonia
Camel
Soundgarden
Rush
Yes
Devin Townsend

We are looking for a capable bass player, preferablly one with some good technical ability, a relative grasp of music theory is a plus, but not a must. The average age of the band is 19-20 yrs old, this is a serious outfit, and if any bassits out there are looking for a stable serious band to join, PLEASE PM ME OR EMAIL ME and Ill be happy to answer any questions you may have. We have been together since January of this year, and have had one other bassist, that for personal reasons quit.

P.S. If you are interested in my skills as a guitar player feel free to download one of the songs in my signature, they arent a reflection of the bands music, but they are a reflection of my abilities as a player. Just so you guys know, I am no flash in the pan.

thanks,

-Thorns

Update: We tried out 3 bassists last nite, none were what we are looking for...So again please, I know there are awesome bass players from the NYC are on these boards. :)

p.s. last time I bump this..