NYC Saxons Whats in your CD player?

mveneck

Nov 19, 2002
New Jersey USA
Hey man!
I'm a dude here in Marlboro NJ last seen Saxon at BirchHill Oldbridge at the Unleashed tour. Great show for a crowded night club crowd of at least 500 fans.
Too bad Brirch Hill is leveled for an old-age home complex. Ahhh... the memories of shows.....Savatage...CiiC...JoanJett....Dio....UDO....QR....endless.... now they go to doubleD's or Starland Ballroom. How about BB King's in NYC.. talk about mid-town Manhattan best of the club scene 42nd Street jamboree!! Heavy Metal never had it so good. If any out of town heavy metal act wants to play in Manhattan they usualy get "The #9 Franklin Steet". For those not familiar, the 9 train in franklin street in Greenwich Villaige/Tribecca...downtown near "the hole in the ground" formerly WTC. .... Saxon should be proud to get the stage at BB Kings in Mid-town 42nd street. All the action's there at 8pm any day of the week. NYC has really rejuninated the theater district. I feel safe in New York City 42nd St.

Whats in my CD player?
Circle2Circle - Middle of Nothere... Zack has left Savatage anf the keyboards for extra guitars. Brilliant shyt!
Saxon- Lionheart
Dio - Killing the Dragon CD and DVD! Awesome. What else do they have???HELP!!

mvneck, mate hows things in NEEEWW YOOOORK?

Best Dio album to get is the first one, HOLY DIVER it is an absolute classic, the dogs Bollocks a piece of metal history!!

I'm also listening too:

Waysted - Back from The Dead
Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
Saxon - Power & The Glory
AC/DC High Voltage

Keep rockin

looks like a lot of metal bands are playing at BBkings like Sonata artica, edguy, hammerfall. Looking forward to checking the club out should be a great time. Dios killing the Dragon is one of my favorite DIO records and way better than Master of the Moon IMO. Check out the Beast of Dio pretty cheap Cd pretty much everywhere with a great sampling of songs from all his albums. Last in Line is the next classic must have Dio record next 2 holy Diver a lot of great songs like we rock, 1 night in the city, I speed at night and the title cut

CDs that im listening to the most right now:

Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
Pain - Dancing with the dead
Saxon - Unleash the Beast
Stonehenge - Angelo Salutante
Masterplan - Aeronuatics
Threshold - Subsurface
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

:headbang:

valanx said:
CDs that im listening to the most right now:

Pain - Dancing with the dead
Saxon - Unleash the Beast
Masterplan - Aeronuatics
Threshold - Subsurface
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

:headbang:

Isn't Masterplan ex helloween guitarist Roland Grapow's new band? Are they any good, as i haven't heard anything by them. Do they do plenty of fast power metal songs, like Helloween and Gamma Ray??? :headbang:

Here is wot I have been listening to this week.

White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan
The Buff Medways Medway Wheelers
Detroit Cobras Baby
Saxon live donnington 1980
Ozzy Blizzard Of Oz
New York Dolls 1st
Invey demos.

CRUSADER747 said:
Isn't Masterplan ex helloween guitarist Roland Grapow's new band? Are they any good, as i haven't heard anything by them. Do they do plenty of fast power metal songs, like Helloween and Gamma Ray??? :headbang:

Yeah, MasterPlan is pretty good. If you're expecting another Helloween, you might be a bit disappointed. But their stuff is pretty good in a different way, especially their first album, I'd say. But I actually like their singer Jorn Lande's solo stuff better, especially his latest, "Out To Every Nation." Just killer metal songwriting that can't be faulted for cliches, stupid lyrics or any of that BS. I agree with the other folks who praised Dio's "Killing The Dragon," by the way. MUCH better than "Master of the Moon."

As for my current listening habits, these are floating my boat right now:

Bruce Dickinson: Tyranny Of Souls
Blitzkrieg: Sins And Greed
Yngwie Malmsteen: Unleash The Fury
Iommi: Fused
John Norum: Optimus

Last few days ive mostly been pounding these fine CDs into dust!

Within Temptation - The Silent Force
Saxon - Innocence is no Excuse
Judas Priest - Live in New Haven

Also i have been playing lots of Masterplan, speaking of whom, yeah they have done 2 CDs and an ep, all of which i would highly recommend!! The first CD is damn good as mentioned by secret weapon above but Aeronuatics is definately an album that grows on you quite quickly. You'd prolly like them CRU- check em out mate!!

valanx said:
Also i have been playing lots of Masterplan, speaking of whom, yeah they have done 2 CDs and an ep, all of which i would highly recommend!! The first CD is damn good as mentioned by secret weapon above but Aeronuatics is definately an album that grows on you quite quickly. You'd prolly like them CRU- check em out mate!!

If i see one of there albums in HMV or somewhere i might buy it. I doubt if there as good as Helloween or Gamma Ray though?!?
This week i have mainly been playing the following albums. . .

Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force - Unleash The Fury
I think you get the idea, LOL :headbang: :D :kickass:

CRUSADER747 said:
This week i have mainly been playing the following albums. . .

You bought the CD four times ????? It must be bloody good. lol

Hey Mad Dan et all...
I remember Waysted... Pete Way from fastway right?
I saw them in 1983 tripplebil Ozzy (Bark at the Moon tour) Motley Crue (shout at the Devil tour) and Waysted (Vices tour) in New York. Great show. Glad to see Waysted is still making music. I gave up on Fastway after Trick Or Treat when their singer King left for Katmandu. I actually bought the followup Fastway album and the Katmandu album. Where are they now?

As for waysted, I gave up on them after Save Your Prayers. That album was a laughing joke and I remember throwing the cassette tape out of my car window on I95 somewhere in New Jersey after hearing it maybe twice. That was 1986. Maybe 20 years later they got better you'll have to convince me of that.

My daughter's turning 5 tomorrow so I'm off to clean the house for the in-laws in the afternoon and the ultimate keg party in the evening with the brothers and brothers n-laws and families.

See you all at BBKings!

-Mike

Iv been blasting the following albums on a regular basis recently and getting alot of shit from the neighbours for it!!! lol

Saxon - Wheels of Steel
Saxon - Dogs of War
Saxon - Metalhead
Bruce Dickinson - Tyranny of Souls
Mercyful Fate - Dont Break the Oath
Dio - Inferno (last in Live)
Halford - Resurrection

This week i have been listening to this racket-
Arch Enemy-Doomsday Machine
Spiritual Beggars-Demons
Witchcraft-Firewood
Nevermore-This Godless Endevour
Dream Evil-The Book Of Heavy Metal

midnightrider said:
Arch Enemy-Doomsday Machine

Thats a good album, very heavy! Angelas vocals are pure intense evil!!
"Mechanic God Creation" is one of my favs on that one!