O/T: Columbus Slayer show moved to smaller venue.

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I love the newport, but I was really looking forward to seeing Slayer outdoors. Plus, Slayer always pack waaaay to many bodies into the Newport Music Hall. But apparently Slayer didn't sell enough tix at the Promowest Pavilion (cap: 4,000) so they are moving it over to the Newport (cap: 1,200) In 1993, Anthrax were supposed to play the Hara Arena (cap: 7,000) in Dayton, and I was pumped at the prospect of seeing them headline an arena but they moved the show over to the Newport. It is the house of metal I guess.

When is that concert, dude? You were right about their setlist.
I was very pleased.:headbang:

I would much rather see bands like Anthrax or Slayer at a smaller venue. You get better pits and you get closer to the band. Bogarts in Cincinnati is probably my favorite place to see shows.

j

Originally posted by Jeffasin
I would much rather see bands like Anthrax or Slayer at a smaller venue. You get better pits and you get closer to the band. Bogarts in Cincinnati is probably my favorite place to see shows.

j

Jeff, I agree, but the thin is, Slayer will sell this place close to capacity and the problem is, it gets to damn crammed in thier. You literally can't get to the bar or the bathroom. I think they actually sell tix way beyond the listed capacity, I think that that capacity is posted for fire safety laws, and there are many ways to get around that law (esp. the $$$$ every show draws in, anybody who doesn't think that many talks and shit walks when it comes to politics and laws needs to lose the rose tinted glasses) Promowest Pavilion is just a stage, with a concrete area in front of it, and a lawn behind that. You can get just as intimate there as a club. It isn't like one of these big ampitheatres that everyone plays in the summer. That is why I am pissed that they moved the show. the same people own both places. Why not just let it be outdoors and close off the lawn section???? Or (heres' a big if) why didn't they promote the show??? I know of Slayer fans who didn't even know they were coming until I told them. Not everyone is like us and on the net every day. This venue did nothing to promote this show. But you can bet your bottom dollar when Jewel and Cake were there, everyone in town knew it.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. Slayer could have easily sold out a venue like the Pavilion. You know it and I know it so the fellas that own it either don't know it or there are other factors involved with them making the switch....

j

I think having a band like "Slayer" downtown at this new "prestigious" venue in the arena district has something to do with it. They had a Pantera show scheduled at the Nationwide Arena during the grand opening month and then it was cancelled due to "scheduling conflicts." It makes me wonder..........

If slayer is going to be at the Newport I am there. Pavilion, I had no intrest of making the trip but at newport. Whoo hoo now that will be fun. I like the packed angry energy you get at a sold out club show. I'm going to newports site now to check on the date and tix.

TD, I called my buddy and he went to kroger to get tix, he gets there and I swear to God the lady says there is ONE (1) ticket left!! So he calls me and wants to know if he should pick it up and take the risk of getting a scalped one up there. The last time I got a ticket from a scalper it was for the Static-x show at bogarts and it cost me 50 bucks. Anyway would you say it is a certainty that we will be able to pick up a ticket up there? I would rather eat the 30 bucks and not make the trip than make the trip and then one of us would have to sit in BW-3s all night. What do you think we will have to pay for this ticket assuming we find one?

I haven't gotten a ticket yet. That pisses me off that they move it to a smaller venue, and now some people will be left out in the cold. THere are almost always scalpers in front of Newport. I would just about bet on it. The show may get moved back outside if they think there will be a big walk up crowd.

A band like Slayer gets a huge walk-up crowd. I know of at least ten people who were just going to get there tickets the day of the show. I hope they move it back outside. A lot of people (myself included) will be left out in the cold unless they move it back to where it was.

Cincy, I called and bitched, and was then informed that more tickets were going to be made available today. It turns out, that as of yesterday they had not sold enough to warrant opening the balcony. If you've been to the Newport more than a few times, I've sure you've seen shows like Anthrax or Clutch, where only the first floor is open. They couldn't start selling more than 700 tix, until they had the facility staffed for the balcony. Today, 500 more tickets are being unleashed.

Well, After reading this I jumped in my car and headed to Kroger, But Ticket whore closed at 8. So then I figured that I would just get it over the net and pick up my ticket at will call. But I could not get my credit card or debit card to work. Thats odd as I know they are both in good standing...
So I called my buddy and he is going to try and use his card. Hopefully this will work.
Thanks for the info!

I went ahead and got two tix in will call. As soon as I heard they were back on sale I got online at work. I didn't want to run to Kroger and have them sell out again or something. I haven't found any takers for my extra ticket yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to eat a Slayer ticket. ANd if I do, big f'in deal, I'd pay 70 bucks to see Slayer anyday!!!!!!!! SLAYER!!!!!!!!!! My first day back at work is Wednesday, so while everyone is depressed and moody, I'm going to be whistling zippidy fucking doodah out my asshole, because I know that later on that night I am going to see the best live band ever. Yes, I am rating Slayer above Anthrax and KISS my two favorite bands. I am rating Slayer above Pantera or Maiden or anyone. There is a certain vibe and ambience that a Slayer show creates that I can not describe. In the line before the show people are fucking wound up. In between bands people are moshing. Slayer are truly the kings of metal. SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big call td,slayer must have improved in recent years i found there show a little dull,each to there own.

the best metal concert i have seen was pantera on there last tour geez there sound was so crushing yet crystal clear which is so hard to get these days!!!

I've been debating whether or not I was going to go and I've decided not. It's Kimmy's first day of school which is a pretty big deal and I don't think it would be too cool to stick her with a baby-sitter while I go party with Slayer. I'm sure you'll all have a good time so I'll just live vicariously through you :)

Make sure you raise a beer to me....

j