O/T Damn I love Emeril

thraxx said:
He jumped the shark doing the toothpaste commercials.

Respectfully disagree... it was that terrible sitcom they put him into that lasted - what, five episodes?

I still love watching him cook, though... never mind that the stuff he makes is too high-brow for me. If I can't order it out of the clown's mouth, I won't eat it. :lol:

Emeril is the shit! I love to cook, probably my third biggest passion. Never saw one ep of the sitcom.... It had nothing for me. I love to watch him cook and learn new stuff though. I dont think he is too high brow at all. Makes even the hardest stuff seem pretty simple to make.

thraxx said:
Shit i forgot about that..

I did see Sammy Hagar on his show....

Joe Perry was also on, trying to look cool while hawking Joe Perry's brand of hot sauce. He looked pathetic. At least Sammy pulled it off without looking like a dork.

Sorry, ThraxEm, I wasn't implying that Emeril was too highbrow. Just meant that I have very simple (and, admittedly, limited) tastes when it comes to food. I love to watch Emeril make salt-encrusted salmon, but I'd rather eat a cheeseburger.

Ha ha! You know, I actually looked it up on the Food Network site, having been a former bartender! I am still promising myself those watermelon margaritas, but I have had so much going on in the last four months. Feels like I haven't slept in that long. Been having to take care of my dad since he had a fall coming out of the shower. I deserve an "I can't believe it's not butter" fantasy with Scott Ian serving watermelon margaritas. Mmmm...

YourAuntieSocial said:
... I deserve an "I can't believe it's not butter" fantasy with Scott Ian serving watermelon margaritas. Mmmm...
I've had that fantasy...highly overated!:lol:
Sorry to hear about your father.

remington69 said:
Sucks to hear about your Pop, Auntie. Hope he gets better.

My husband made a nice watermellon vodka slush not too long ago. He even served it in a watermellon rind. Good stuff.
that reminds me Mai Thai's are good in a fresh pineapple.

Here is the recipe... sorry for the delay. I used seedless watermelon. In place of orange flavor I used Midori melon flavor. Awesome! Works great with Vodka and Honey dew as well.

Home > Recipes

Watermelon Margaritas Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2005
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Kicked Up Bar Food

Great dinner ideas:

Chicken
Beef

Shrimp
Pasta

Pork

Click photo to enlarge

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 1 drink

Add to My Recipe Box
Email to a Friend
Print: Full Page
3X5 Card | 4X6 Card

Ratings and Reviews
User Rating:
Ratings & Reviews FAQ

Ads by Google
The Perfect Margarita
New Frozen Concoction Maker. Enjoy
restaurant-style drinks at home!
www.margaritavillecargo.com

Lose 20 Pounds in 3 Weeks
The Amazing Tea that Melts Ab Flab!
Melts Away 1 Jean Size Every 7 Days
www.AncientWulongTea.com

1 teaspoon lime zest
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons coarse salt
1 lime wedge
1 cup watermelon puree (*see Cook's Note)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup premium 100 percent agave tequila
2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier or triple sec)
1 cup ice

In a medium saucepan, combine the lime zest, water, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature and strain out the zest. (Can be made in advance; keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
Chill a margarita glass in the freezer for 30 minutes. Place the coarse salt in a shallow dish or saucer. Wet the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and dip the glass into the salt, coating the top edge.

In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 tablespoons of the cooled lime syrup with the watermelon puree, lime juice, tequila, orange-flavored liqueur, and ice. Shake until frothy and well chilled, at least 1 minute. Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with a lime wedge.

*Cook's Note: To make the watermelon puree, remove seeds from fresh watermelon and cut into large chunks. Place in a blender and process until smooth and well pureed.

ThraxEm said:
Emeril is the shit! I love to cook, probably my third biggest passion. Never saw one ep of the sitcom.... It had nothing for me. I love to watch him cook and learn new stuff though. I dont think he is too high brow at all. Makes even the hardest stuff seem pretty simple to make.
Yeah - I love to cook too. And the other day when I was home sick I got sucked into the food channel for almost 3 hrs and that's without watching it in ages.