O/T Going to see Clutch tonight!!!

MyHatred

Chief Ten Beers
Jun 25, 2004
In the Pabst Brewery
And like always I have a gut feeling that it is going to kick some major ass:headbang: :worship: ...I can't wait to hear some of the Robot Hive/Exodous matieral played live. I will try to sneak a camera in and get some pix for those that are interested. PLus I am going to bring a bunch of pictures of me and the band that I have acquired through the years to get signed along with bunch of other stuff. Here is some pics of them at the place I am going to see them(Orbit Room)when they played with Corrosion of Conformity and The Mystic Krewe of Clearlight.

CLUTCH0010.jpg
CLUTCH0003.jpg

Fuck ya!!! Clutch to me is what Anthrax is to some of the fanboys here. Not bad mouthing the mighty Thrax but I am just a way bigger fan of Clutch:worship: :worship: T -45 minutes till I leave for the show:D .

yo...myhatred...get any pics....would love to see em....what was the setlist btw...they play much off the robothive cd?

how come clutch are supporting cky in the uk??!? thats just wrong.........anyhoo..saw em a few months back at the mean fiddler gig.....and they played a few of the robot hive tracks, sounded awesome.. but clutch always rock balls........defo one of the best live bands out there, and their records are killer too........oh and a good beard on neil fallon

Sorry guys I did not get any pics of the show or afterwards. This happened for a couple of reasons. 1.) My girlfriend had sprained her ankle a few days before the show and it was hurting bad by the end of the show 2.) I was so mad at the crowd for the shit they pulled that night that I didn't want to even bother the band.

So I get to the show right as the opening band, Stinking Lizaveta ends their set and judging from the way everyone was talking, they kicked ass. They are playing a bar in my town in November so I will have to redeem myself and check them out. Clutch was absolutely amazing as usual, despite all the complete assholes in the crowd. I counted 13 incidents where some douche nozzle either threw their beer or water bottle at them. I had to check my ticket stub to see if I somehow ended up at a Slayer show where being a drunken asshole comes standard. To my dismay it still said Clutch on the ticket and the assholes were everywhere.. It got so bad that Clutch's drummer stopped in the middle of a killer drum solo because he got hit in the head with a full water bottle. I just don't get why someone would want to spend 7 dollars on a beer only to throw it at the band they paid to see:confused: I have been to hundreds of shows and this happens all the time but not to the degree that I saw last Friday. The crowd surfers were even more annoying. It got so bad that the front of the stage and crowd barrier became Soul Train for the drunk & toothless . It was always the same 5 or 6 people. About every 5 minutes you would see the same asshole surfing over the crowd and then start stumbling( a couple of them actually tripped and fell flat on their face:tickled: ) down the aisle way when they got to front. It was somewhat humorous to see them try to dance to Clutch while screaming completely non-sensical shit. Don't get me wrong. I drink at concerts all the time but I have never lost control, heckled or threw shit at any band when I am drunk..Not even bands that I hated with a passion. The level of drunkeness and stupidity was through the roof at this show.

Clutch played two 1 hour and 15 minute sets but I could tell by the end of their first set that Neil was ready to pack it up and head to the next show. They played alot of songs off the Robot Hive/ Exodus album and a ton other Clutch classics. All in all it was a great show considering that Clutch much like Iron Maiden handled the bullshit people in the crowd with total class and by not stooping to their level. I will be surpised if Clutch play Grand Rapids for a long time:erk: ....
I did manage to snag the set lists on my way out

DSCK0008.jpg

DSCK0009.jpg

Fuck man....shame that so many gigs are ruined by dipshits that have nothing better to fuckin do...like u said....why spend money on a gig just to potentially fuck it up for yourself/others by throwin shit/acting like an asshole....then the band just walks off, and doesnt come back....fuckin idiots....still...set list looked sweet....theyre heading this way soon...although in a fuckin support slot for cky...(who???...sorry...im old...have no idea what/who they are)...should be good

PoolePaul said:
Fuck man....shame that so many gigs are ruined by dipshits that have nothing better to fuckin do...like u said....why spend money on a gig just to potentially fuck it up for yourself/others by throwin shit/acting like an asshole....then the band just walks off, and doesnt come back....fuckin idiots....still...set list looked sweet....theyre heading this way soon...although in a fuckin support slot for cky...(who???...sorry...im old...have no idea what/who they are)...should be good

CKY sucks:yuk: Pretty much all the songs sound exactly the same. I think the only reason Clutch is on the bill is because Bam Magera's(Bam has directed a few Clutch videos) brother plays drums for CKY. Either way have fun at the show and do a review of it:headbang: