O/T: Has anyone seen Living Colour since they got back together?

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
They're finally coming to Columbus (05/23) and I must say I can't wait to see them!!! I remember hearing "Cult of Personality" on the radio, and then seeing the video for it on the HBB and thinking 'whoa, they're black' :lol: All of their albums rocked :headbang: To me, they are a lot like Faith No More, only less "out there" and more "sabbathy" but still way different than the mainstream. I guess you could call them the black FNM. I can't wait to see them though, as I never got to see them back in the day.

P.S. "Solace of You" is still one of the all time best "real" (i.e. not cheesy) ballads ever.

That's awesome to hear they're getting back togather. I'd love to be able to see them but it's not possible. I allways thought they were extremely talanted and very under-rated. One of the most diverse bands I know of. Do you know if they're making a new album?

I live in Charlotte, NC & Living Colour is one of my favorite bands and I like that you compared them to my all-time favorite band, Faith No More. Living Colour toured in 2001 & I saw them at a very small venue here in Charlotte, NC and they were great! They had no new album to support at the time, so basically played their hits and whatever they wanted to. Standout song was Love Rears it's Ugly Head. I have never heard a better guitar player than Vernon Reid and this song is bluesy as hell and he really showed his stuff live. I actually returned to the club because I had lost (& later found thankgod) my car keys inside & after they had played, encored, the lights came up, and then some, they did a cover of Blowup the Outside of the World by Soundgarden, which was strange but cool. I only wish they could have played longer.
I saw Yohimbe Bros. (Vernon Reid & DJ Logic) here late last year, which was cool, & I asked Vernon Reid after the show when the new Living Colour was coming out, he said that it would be sometime this year, that they were looking for a label, possibly Sanctuary, but nothing was near certain at that point.
Anthrax falls in the category of my very favorite bands, along with FNM, LC, Sabbath, Chili Peppers, & 7dust. I saw Audioslave Sunday night in Atlanta, which may have been the best concert that I have ever seen. I cannot say enough about them/that show.
lata

They actually did a show in our country during their reunion tour, but I didn't get to see them, I should regret.

LC kick ass ... I have all their CD's and have been a rabid fan for a decade now. Never saw them live, but from what I heard, they are an excellent live act. It may be cheesy, but one of my favs as their ballads go is "Broken Hearts"... just because of the general vibe and the bass solo in that song :)

Anthrax should take LC on tour like they did back in '90-'91!

I got to see Living Color with Janes Addiction back in the day. Top 5 concert EVER!!! They totally rule live. Will Calhoun is a tremendous drummer. A band packed with excellent musicians. Their last release "Stain" was SOOOOO fucking good. HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY. If you don't have this one and consider yourself a Living Color fan........GET IT......you are in for a FUCKING DELICIOUS TREAT!!!

Yeah, Stain is a great album, I agree! I wish that they had played more songs from that album at their show, but otherwise it was awesome.
Anthrax touring w/Living Colour would be too good to be true, I would make a long drive for that one!
Anthrax & Motorhead are coming to Norfolk(6+ hours from me) on a weekday night. 12 hour round trip alone would be costly IF I could get the time off work & somehow justify skipping classes. I thought for sure that they would be on Ozzfest.
There needs to be a Monsters of Rock type of show again (no numetal-ozzfest or alternative-lolla).
I was highly disappointed to hear that Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park are opening for Metallica. I would go to see Deftones & Mudvayne open for 50 bucks, but not that other crap for 75 dollars!

Stain kicks ass! Am i the only one who thinks Postman and This Little Pig have the coolest riffs???
favorite LC records in order:
1 - Time's up
2 - Vivid
3 - Stain

love living colour! over the last few years working at first avenue (mpls) they've been "pencilled in" on the calendar a couple of times. but, the shows have never worked out, their agent usually asks for more money than the club thinks they can get people to pay... i hope they get here this time, i'd love to see them again. i saw them twice. first, opening for the stones in '89 and again headlining in early '91. did anyone see corey on his solo tour? the solo record he put out was also very good.

I remember seeing Living Colour with Anthrax at N.E.C Birmingham,UK on the S.O.E tour. Excellent show if my memory serves me. Also saw L.C at Brixton Acd. London. Those where the days....