O/T: I saw Chewie!!

remington69

Music + Science = Sexy
Feb 7, 2003
NW Chicago 'burbs
www.livejournal.com
It was at Wizard World Chicago this weekend. There was a whole area with Star Wars people: Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Ray fuckin' Parks, and that midget from Willow. Unfortunately, I didn't get an autograph b/c they cost 25 fucking dollars. But, still, it was kind of cool to see them in the flesh. I also got to see Raven, Chyna, and Lou Ferrango, which was also cool. I really wanted to get Alex Ross to sign my WCFYA cd cover, but the line was ungodly long. So, instead I went and spend an obnoxious sum of money on swag. I picked up some original production art from The Real Ghostbusters and a cool Gambit bust. My boyfriend almost plunked down $1600 on a Simpsons cell from the Flinstones couch gag that was signed by Groening, Hannah, and Babara. Then I reminded him that he couldn't post-date a check to 2010!

I saw Peter Mayhew and Carrie Fisher when I was at MGM studios in Orlando a couple years ago. Stephen Sansweet was also there that weekend (for those who know who he is). Pretty cool place for Star Wars fans every weekend in the summer.

I REALLY wanted to make a trip up to Chicago for Wizzard World this year but since I farm it's not easy to just up and leave for a couple of days. That Simpsons cell signed by those three sounds like one hell of a piece!

In case the screen name didn't tell you, I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I've met Peter Mayhew a number of times, but this year the only Star Wars actor I got an autograph from was Leeanna Walsman (the lady who played Zam Wessell). Other than that, I think I spent more time at the CrossGen booth getting sketches than I did sleeping. You can read all about my trip here.

I've met Peter Mayhew on two occasions. He a great guy and very generous with his time. I ran into Kenny Baker (literally) at Star Wars Celebration in Indy last year. My buddy is with the 501st. If you ever go to a convention and there are a number of Stormtroopers there, they are with the 501st. Lucasfilm had the 501st working the Celebration as unofficial security, so my buddy got me an all-access VIP pass. I was tooling around the private rooms when I ran into this little kid and knocked him flat on his ass. It was Kenny Baker. He was hauling ass to the bathroom, so as he ran off I yelled, "I loved you in Time Bandits!"

That weekend kicked a whole lot of ass. I got to go to a private party at the Lotus after the con and partied with Porkens, Gold Leader, General Veers, Admrial Piett, General Motti, Ayla Secura, Aurra Sing, Billy Dee and a few others I can't remember off hand.

If I ever figure out how to post pictures on here, I'll put some up from that party. Good stuff....