O/T: I was "removed" from a Bruce Kulick guitar clinic last night!

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I would send this story to Sludge, but Bruce Kulick isn't a big enough celebrity to warrant a story, and I wasn't physically removed so who cares. Anyway, my how the mighty have fallen. In 1993 Bruce did one of these clinics at a nice store in a nice mall in Columbus promoting KISS ALIVE III. 9 years later, fired from KISS, playing w/ Grand Funk Railroad, strapped for cash, balding, and growing man-boobs, he was at a fucking flea market doing a guitar clinic, peddling copies of his solo cd. This place is called an "expocenter," but it is a flea market, complete with a comic book guy like comic dealer, and fake nike clothes. Anyway, Bruce is a nice guy, so I kinda feel sorry for him, but I had to be a smart ass in front of this audience of like 20 (in 1993 it was packed to the gills, hundreds of people) So I asked Bruce "hey, would you dress up like Ace Frehley, and pretend to be him if Gene told you to?" His reply was so pussified "I wouldn't rule anything out." Then some lacky from ESP guitars comes over and tells me if I just came to harrass Bruce, that I can leave. WTF!? Like I wanted a picture of Bruce anyway! What, was I gonna have him sign my boxed set! Fuck that. I said, whatever dude, I'm outta here. So that is my Bruce Kulick guitar clinic story.

Speaking of baseball and Bruce Kulick, I saw ole Bruce a couple of summers ago at a minor league ball game on KISS night. They played KISS songs in between innings, some of the ball players had KISS make up on and Bruce performed the National Anthem. Fireworks also, and needless to say, I got trashed. Bruce game me his pick.

No denying that the dude can play the guitar like a motherfucker though........By far the most "technically" gifted person who ever played in Kiss. This guy is a master of the guitar and has to struggle to earn cash.....Gene Simmons could never play a bass line outside of a 4/4 time signature and has more money than god.....life ain't right.

Poor Bruce has it bad enough. The story remains an anthrax bulletin board exclusive. Before I asked my question, some little kid (like 6 or 7 yrs old) asked him "how does Ace make his guitar fly." You could see Bruce grimacing, like "oh shit, another evening answering question about Ace." I wonder if Bruce feels bad that KISS are dressing Tommy Thayer up as Ace these days, and didn't even call Bruce up to ask him if he wanted to pretend to be Ace? I left before I could ask that.