O/T injuries

prime666

Feb 4, 2002
NY
www.myspace.com
Since there have been numerous gay threads I came up with one that a slightly touched on years ago. Ever have any injuries. broken bones, car wrecks, broken nose or just done some damage to yourself. Post away fuckers, let me hear all about your misery. Make it good but keep it real taco dicks.
Me.
3 cracked ribs, busted toe and two black eyes. Slayer, divine intervention tour Inland empire california.

Busted up my knuckles pretty bad at the Cro Mags reunion in 2000 with Sick of it all and Blood for Blood opening.

Mary Ellen Mophet. She broke my heart............ what a whore.

(the last one is a joke for you jaws fans).

I got a ton more but I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

This one's funny and incredibly stupid on my part. Back when I was 5-6, my Dad and I were getting rid of bricks that were on our lawn (we had just moved into a new home). We were throwing the bricks into a huge industrial garbage bin, and I was having a great time chucking the bricks, until one of 'em that I threw landed on my fucking head! Luckily I didn't need stitches and got one of those butterfly patches instead. :zombie: :lol: :kickass:

fell out of a tree when i was a kid and cracked my head open 6 stiches..

flip over and went down the school entarnce stairs upside down on a big wheel and cracked my head open again 6 more stiches...

strangulated a testicle when i was about 18, the first doctor wanted to cut my sack open and un-tangle it , after my brief sexlife flashed before my eyes and i was done crying a second urologist came in and opted for a stretcher of tape across my legs with my sack up on it. i couldn't get out of bed for 3 weeks not even to shit. the nut un tangled itself, the swelling went down and i have a great story to tell around the campfire.

when the doctor squeezed my swollen testical i grabbed the gaurd rail on the bed and with every ounce of stregnth held myself back from putting my fist to his face. one of the most painful things i've ever felt.

try doing that at a slayer gig :headbang:

Motorcycle accident. 70 stitches in my Right leg. Thought I would lose it, I could see my freakin' bones.
Bicycle accident. 30 stitches on my right inner thigh.
I cracked my right kneecap with an axe.
Those are the major ones; all on my Right leg for some reason. I've had at least another 30 more stitches between my arms and legs from other stupid accidents.
I'm a retard, but I think I've finally learned my lesson.

i wrote my torana off a long time ago,didnt really hurt me but it hurt the other car lol,i managed to buymy car back from insurance and after it got all fixed up i wasnt really out of pocket...

other than that not too much,copped an elbow in the face on stomp tour in sydney,i didnt go down but jeez it fucking hurt,i did have an operation for henia a long time ago too,that was fucking scary,first time going under the knife,thats all i can think of for now lol.

Talk about hurting yourself on the job! A couple years back, a buddy of mine's co-worker fell into the trash compactor at work. They found what was left of him in a garbage cube the next day. Dude musta looked like a fuckin' pancake! Want some butter and syrup with that? :puke:

ouch, we had a soon to be ex-son in law and, the wifes father working at the same place. the husband kept egging the old man on saying he was going to win custody rights of the kids and , grandpa would never see the grand kids again. well the ex son in law was working on the line and the wifes father comes up behind him with a box knife and "slice to the side of the throat". blood gushing every where. the dude lived but it was a bloddy mess. the wifes father just walked outside and sat, lit a smoke and, waited for the cops to come. never heard what happened in the custody battle.

Jammed a screwdriver into my eyeball several years ago. Didn't puncture the eyeball but slammed through the cornea and hit the optic nerve at the back leaving me with permanent loss of vision in the right eye.

Wonderful work related injury!

Needed stitches on my eyeball too!!!!!!!

Dragons_Kin said:
I got 4 stitches in my head after trying to save my son form a bad dream and I had my toes on my left foot ran over with a towmotor. Suprisingly nothing got broken though.
Are you saying your son kicked you in the head.
If so:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
That's classic, you can hold him to that for the rest of your life.
:p

For me, there are too many injuries to count. My fiancée just shakes her head when I come home with a new one.

I've had about 130 stitches in various parts of my body over the course of my life. Blown out both knees, ligament damage in my ankles (five separate times, including last Halloween). Tore the hell out of my hip and elbow rollerblading. Broke a bone in my hand. And, my worst one was bruising my spine (while rollerblading again) which took about eight months to heal. I knocked my entire spine out of alignment. That was absolutely agonizing at times. Pretty much ruined my year.

My worst injuries came from childbirth - between both kids, I got over 50 stitches "down there". That's not a fun thing to come back from. At least with a c-section you don't have to completely wash after you pee, or have your husband laugh at you for sitting on a pillow, even on the couch. And with the first one, they told me the tear was so bad that if I ruptured the stitches in any way, I would need surgery to repair it. So I was deathly afraid to take a dump for weeks. It's not pretty. I'm glad we decided not to have any more.

I'm lucky. I'm almost 30 and never had a broken bone or stiches. I did get hit in the head by a 2X4 (thanks little brother) and should have gotten stiches but it stopped bleeding eventualy (an hour later). I do have a left kne that hurts like hell if I try to run for more than two minutes due to playing basketball all day for five years.

All mine are kinda lame. I fell off my back porch when I was 4 (I was told I was trying to slide down the railing) and cracked my head open. I had 6 stitches (this is my parents telling me) and was "irritable" for days. I almost chocked to death on a Dorito (age 4). I have knocked the wind out of me several times. Mostly from bullies and bike wrecks (I thought I was a really good freestyle rider...I wasnt). I dropped a Chep pallet (about an 100 lb. pallet) on my right big toe, and had to poke a hole in the nail so blood didnt accumulate. Six months later, I dropped the starter from my 442 on my foot, breaking the nail, again, on the same toe, that was 6 years ago and my nail is still fucked up looking. Here is a list of my small injuries.

Jammed fingers-ever damned concert I have been to
bloody knucles-Pantera
broken glasses (which I found during the show) Pantera/Morbid Angel
black eye-Pantera
Hyper extended knee-skateboarding
hyper extended arm-skateboarding
knocked out-trying to do a backflip off a halfpipe, landed on my back/head
I am small injury prone, no big stuff. I was really sick as a child and born with a clubbed foot so I guess God took it easy on me...sorta.:ill:

I grew up on a farm so I've definitely had plenty of broken bones and injuries over the years. The worst was when I was about 7 or 8. I was playing up in a hay loft and fell out of it (probably 12 feet) and impaled my hand on a big ass rusty nail. Went completely thorough the center of my hand and stuck out about 3 inches. I still have some issues with that hand to this day because of it. Getting kicked in the nuts by a cow was a close second.

Sorry for telling this story for possibly 100th time on this board but a couple of years ago I went to see Metallica play at the Glasgow Download show. The pits were basically overweight arseholes kicking the shit outta little Slipknot fans so me and my friends galantly decided to intervene. Cue Jockthrax propelling his skeleton like frame into some hairy fuckwits at maximum speed. Cue Jockthrax smashing his wrist in 3 places.
...i NOW TURN A BLIND EYE TO BULLYING....
The worst thing was I had a Thrax concert a mere two weeks after fucking up my wrist and had to go in my cast.....

A have scar under my lip from falling as a wee child.

I had my rib broken and then it stuck into my left kidney. Had half of the kidney removed with a BIG (2 1/2 fingers wide) zipper scar still going up my left side at least 10 inches. Happened on a county carnival ride. I turned 11 in the hospital.(Over a thousand stitches)

Had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee b/c of torn carlidge playing cutthroat hockey.(Jr. High School)

Fr. Year @ OSU my right arm when through a plate glass window. Severed my ulnar nerve and six tendons(all 5 five fingers and the wrist). Lost a lot of blood(5 pints?), whatever it ws the doctor said that I would have been dead in another five minutes if they hadn't got to me when they did. I'm sure it didn't help trying tequila for the first time and then after the accident your roomate (who was known as "Meltdown") took me to the campus dentistry instead of the campus ER. However, he did save my life. The feeling and mobility are back in my thumb and first two fingeres but the last two are pretty numb and semi-mobile. At least I don't have a claw b/c I would not let anything stop me from playing the bass (especially that I had people saying I was pretty good by that time, LOL). Damaged nerves take a month to grow back one
inch. My scar was 14 inches(over 600 stitches). The scar is a Z-Plasty which zig-zags from mid arm up just past the elbow.

At about 24 some people tried to carjack me. I tried running one of them over and got away, NOT. They ended up catching up with me and smashed in my window. I got pistol whipped until almost my left eye was looking like it might come out (so I was told). Have some scars from that but thay just give me character.

In 2000, I slipped and broke my ankle and tibia (three breakes in all) and tied a tendon up around some bone in my ankle. Received nine screws and a six-inch plate, in the first operation. In the 2nd operation everything was readjusted b/c of potential future arthritic problems. Five months on crutches before any weight bearing. Range of Motion sucks and I'll never run again (or walk w/o a limp or anything involving prolonged use of my ankle). To be continued...

In 2003, I turned yellow. My liver was enlarged (hepititas) and right kidney failed (renal failure). Woke up to friends and loved ones and got read my Last Rites. The highest the Bilyrubin enzyme in your liver should be is 3.0 %. Mine was 22.0 %. I went from that to possible hospice to possible transplant to possible scarring to possible cirrhosis but eventually, I got better (8 months later). But man I'm tired of typing and that is a whole different story (but anyone can always write me for what I would say was a mental and spiritual process, http://metalheadted@gmail.com)

Upon recovering from that and learning to walk again for third time in my life, my foot was making funny noises. One of the titanium screws had broken at sometime and I am now completly bone-on-bone arthritic. (I have pix from the third operation where there is absolutely no cartlidge left) Oh, each operation goes over the same scar tissue which goes about 2/3 up my leg from my ankle. I wear a plastic AFO which basically helps stabilize the ankle. I'm on a waiting list for a type of ankle replacement that hasn't been approved by the FDA yet. (I don't want to get it fused) So I'm usually in pain but can't take narcotics for fear of addiction and blah, blah, blah. I need to go. I 've got some other scars from from minor back(not spine) surgeries and shit but I've obviously made for some interesting reading:yow: . SEE YA!

Let's see:
-Busted open my chin when I was 5 when I fell off the top bunk.
-Got hit by a car while riding my bike when I was 10. Sprained both ankles and my pedal gouged into my leg leaving a 10 inch gash (I forgot the stich count).
-Severly sprained the ligaments in my right ankle after being slide tackled in a game
-In '99, wiped out while mountain biking. Was knocked out for several minutes and got a grade 3 concussion. Also, had to go to physical therapy for two months to treat my neck.

I think that's it.

Broken leg-twice
Broken ankle
Scratched my left eye really bad when I was a kid and had to wear a patch over it for a few weeks.
2 broken fingers
Broken wrist
Sliced the webbing between my index finger and my thumb down to the bone when I was a kid. I was so close to passing out from all the blood spurting out and ended up getting a ton of stitches.
Multiple bruises from getting drunk and falling over:kickass: :erk:
Oh yeah, and quite a few car wrecks. I think it has been 4 of them