O/T Monster Magnet

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
I went to the show at Bogarts in Cincinnati last night, it was so sad. I mean the concert kicked ass but there were only about 200 people there. Thats sad considering how big there were a couple of years back. They were not huge but they had a hit song and Mtv play and it seemed they had some momentum going. I have not seen a crowd that small since I saw Flotsam and Jetsam there around the Quatro era.

yeah monster magnet are cool i remember a few years back they did a show with anthrax,the tickets were about 60cents each but i can't remember what the reason was,maybe it was sponsered by a radio station or something???

Originally posted by mrthrax
yeah monster magnet are cool i remember a few years back they did a show with anthrax,the tickets were about 60cents each but i can't remember what the reason was,maybe it was sponsered by a radio station or something???

Yup, that was the first show of the "Tour of Terror" it was at Irving Plaza Anthrax & Monster Magnet July 1998. They (anthrax) then played Mancow's Laser Luau in Des Moines: Both were radio sponsored low dough shows! Anthrax played the HOB in Chicago before heading off to Quebec for the Polliwog Festival, an outdoor deal. The "proper" tour started in August at the Odeon in Cleveland w/ LOA, VOD, and Grinspoon after those initial shows.