O/T: new cube games for myself (attn: steve)

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Well, I finally gave up the ghost and got rid of all my old 64 games :cry: And all I got were 3 cube games (for like 20 or so 64 titles) Anyway here is what I picked up:
  1. Super Monkey Ball: this game is FUN AS HELL
  2. Star Wars: Rogue leader: this goes without saying
  3. Pacman World: the clerk said this game was actually quite fun
    [/list=1]

I was hoping for batman vengeance or bond, but neither were there, these games look to be quite fun though. I also ordered a spice controller. Hey Steve, are the off brand memory cards any count. I heard they have flaws.

I can't believe you traded in your N64. That is a tragedy. I still regret loaning my Super Nintendo to a friend, only to never see it again.:mad:

I got Punch Out! for my NES about a month ago. I'll never get rid of an old console again. I'd still have my Intellivision, if it didn't break down about 15 years ago.

I heard that 2nd party memory cards (for any system) can have flaws, sometimes. Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they work for a while...

I bought Spider-Man for the Xbox yesterday. I also picked up a Controller S. I think the 'S' stands for "superior".

I usually trade in my consoles and their games for the next "thing" because I rarely pull out the old games, particularly in this age where I can download an old game if I really, really, need it. I figure 3 new games is better than sitting on the old ones. ALthough I will miss Zelda/Ocarina and Conkers Bad Fur Day immensely. The last off brand memory product I had was always corrupt, so I don't think I will buy one, although there are some HUGE ones out there. SPiderman is a great game. i haven't really gotten into yet, i've been busy, but with summer I have nothing but time. I even take my games out to my patio and play in the weather, it's great.

Yeah, I downloaded Nesticle. It was pretty cool. I also downloaded some software so I could play NES and Super Nintendo games on my Dreamcast! That was cool, except some of the games were really choppy.

The Punch Out! emulator was too slow to be playable, so I had to get the real deal.

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't want these emulators around. It's not like I can go to the store and buy a brand new NES game.

I'm going to bed now. I gotta work tomorrow, I get double time and a half.:)

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
I'd still have my Intellivision, if it didn't break down about 15 years ago.
:lol: Intellivision ruled! AD&D "Treasure of Tarmin" was the best.

I'm not sure what it is anymore, but there is a site where you can download Astrosmash, Night Stalker, and a couple other Intellivison games for your PC for free, as a "sampler", and then if you want, you can buy a CD ROM for $20-30 that has every single Intellivision game ever released.

Ah, memories...

Originally posted by TD

[*]Super Monkey Ball: this game is FUN AS HELL
[*]Star Wars: Rogue leader: this goes without saying
[*]Pacman World: the clerk said this game was actually quite fun
[/list=1]

SUPER MONKEY BALL IS THE BOMB. MONKEY BALL + 4 CONTROLLERS + FRIENDS + BEER = SILLY FUN.

EVERYONE THAT BUYS A GAMECUBE AT MY STORE, I TELL EM TO RENT IT. IT SOUNDS GAY BUT IT'S OH SO GREAT. SUPER MONKEY BALL TWO: MID-SEPTEMBER.

ROUGE LEADER IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST STAR WARS GAMES EVER MADE. VERY WELL DONE... WATCH OUT FOR "BOUNTY HUNTER" THIS FALL. A JANGO FETT-BASED GAME THAT PLAYS KINDA LIKE SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE FOR N64.

ANY PAC MAN GAME IS THE SHIT. PERIOD.

ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IS RESIDENT EVIL. THE FIRST ONE COMPLETELY REMADE WITH TONS OF NEW SHIT. GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOUR SHIT YOUR PANTS WITH FEAR. I PLAYED THE ORIGINAL WAY BACK IN THE DAY AND I STILL SHIT MY PANTS.

My friends and I don't get together as much anymore (houses, wives, etc) but I have a feeling Supermonkey Ball will show it's head with some of us drunk buffoons sooner or later. Since I am the lone cube owner, I will slowly but surely own 4 controllers for my toy (and of course, all 4 must be different colors!) Resident Evil kicks ass huh??

I was wondering what that "new" Resident Evil was. I suck at that game so completely I'm embarrassed to admit I've ever played it. I suck at RE2 even worse. I can't make it out of the alley!! At least in the first one, I can get somewhat around the house, but I still bite it before I make any progress. My husband finds this most amusing. (For the record, I have a lowly, neglected PS1).

As for Intellivision, WTF??? Are you guys just OLD??? :lol: I thought I was bad, missing my Atari 2600 and 7800. I miss my Super Nintendo, I think I lost it in my sister's break up (how fucked is that, it was MINE!!!-and they weren't even married). I would go to my mom's to play it, but she also loaned it out, never to be seen again. I miss Kirby, dammit.

Originally posted by Thra:rofl:ude
Yeah, I downloaded Nesticle. It was pretty cool. I also downloaded some software so I could play NES and Super Nintendo games on my Dreamcast! That was cool, except some of the games were really choppy.

The Punch Out! emulator was too slow to be playable, so I had to get the real deal.

I don't understand why Nintendo doesn't want these emulators around. It's not like I can go to the store and buy a brand new NES game.

I'm going to bed now. I gotta work tomorrow, I get double time and a half.:)

My first system was the Odyssey! Anyone remember that one????

Wasn't Odyssey a rip-off of Intellivision? There was one kid in our neighborhood that had the Odyssey. Even that fact couldn't make people like him. :)

And yes, Brat, I am old...29 and counting!!!

Coop

I never actually played an Odyssey, but three of my neighbors, back in the day, had the Atari 2600. That is when I became addicted to video games. I love them so much.
Yes, bRaT, I'm old. I'll be 30 in August, can't wait.
I am very tempted to get a GameCube, now that Resident Evil is out and they dropped the price to $149. RE was game of the month last year in EGM.
Yes I'm a video game freak, I subscribe to EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly), and PlayStation Magazine.

Has anyone heard anything about UFC Throwdown for PS2? I asked for it as an early birthday present. I'm a huge UFC fan. The screen shots look great.

Coop

If you have a Nintendo Game cube and are into Horror movies like me, than I would certainly recommend the remake of Resident Evil, I've been playing it all week and I love this game. The zombies actually come back to life a second time if you don't burn their corpses, or the other way to end their life completly is to blow their heads clean off(my personal favorite). I would recommend this game for anybody with a Game Cube! TD, I'm looking in your direction! I also heard that Spiderman is borderline incredible!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Spiderman is great! I haven't had time to really immerse myself in it, but, well, starting this week, I don't work until late AUgust, so we know what that means. I think when my next paycheck comes I will go buy Resident Evil. Everyone is telling me it is the shit, so I will check it out. THANKS DAWG

Put Quite simply, it's the best $49.00 I've spent for any video game in years, and certainly the best game cube purchase I've made thus far. It's actually the original Resident Evil that was released on the PlayStation 1 years ago, but it's so revamped you won't even notice if you played the first one. The music is creepy, and as I mentioned there is a unpreditability factor that throws the player for a loop. Last night when I was playing I entered a room that I had already been in about 12 times and I noticed a corpse on the floor(that I didn't kill), that was kinda hidden in the back of the room. So I thought, well, I better pull out the lighter fluid and burn this fucker before he comes back later. Well, no sooner did I think that and I was leaning over to burn the poor soul when He whiped his hand up and starting attacking! God this game creeps me out! I love it, and I know you will too! The games also two disks! How can you beat that?

Cheerz my good man!

AugDawg

I've only got a couple levels left in Spider-Man. It actually got mixed reviews, but I think it's great.
I'd rate it an 8 out of 10.
Oh, and the Xbox version (the one I have) has a couple extra levels.

I don't have a GameCube but I'm very tempted to get one because of Resident Evil. But I'm gonna wait and see how the new Zelda game comes along. What do you guys think of the cartoony-look of that new Zelda game?
I'm not impressed, but if the gameplay is anything like Ocarina of Time and/or Majora's Mask, I'm there!

Actually Thrashdude, I totally agree with you about Zelda, the first couple of screen shots did not look that good, but they have new better screen shots available now at

http://www.allcube.com/e32002/roundup/

Most of these games displayed this year at E3 look pretty dam good, be sure to check out shots of the Resident Evil prequel and Metroid Prime for sure.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

Hmmmm.... nice looking screen shots. I'll have to see what happens when those games are available. Until then, I've got the PS2 and Xbox to keep me busy.:D