O/T: New Machinehead

It's good, but I just can't get into this new "more progressive" direction they've been doing since The Blackening. Hopefully there will also be music in the vain of BMS and TTAOE. Hopefully I'll get to see them live again!

Setlists for Testament & Machine Head:

Over the Wall
The Preacher
The New Order
More Than Meets the Eye
Into the Pit
Souls of Black
D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
3 Days in Darkness

Imperium
Beautiful Mourning
Locust
Aesthetics of Hate
Halo

Incidentally enough, I believe most of the girls who posted here left around the reunion..

As far as Machinehead goes, IMO, the Blackening was a great album and TTAOE was a metal masterpiece.

This new song however reminds me of the Burning Red era, or worse yet Supercharger... Which was just about one of the most godawful metal albums ever.

Hopefully it's just a crappy mix, because I would hate for Machinehead to take a step back after a huge leap forward with the last two albums.

Incidentally enough, I believe most of the girls who posted here left around the reunion..

As far as Machinehead goes, IMO, the Blackening was a great album and TTAOE was a metal masterpiece.

This new song however reminds me of the Burning Red era, or worse yet Supercharger... Which was just about one of the most godawful metal albums ever.

Hopefully it's just a crappy mix, because I would hate for Machinehead to take a step back after a huge leap forward with the last two albums.

I am with you on that. To me the Burning Red and Supercharger era are similar to the Bush era of Anthrax. It just was a different band and didn't compare to their heavier, trashier metal albums. The new song sounds like it as more nu metal influence and what not. I thought the Blackening was amazing. This kind of is a let down. But something tells me the rest of the album will be better and heavier/ faster!