O/T: New Machinehead

Incidentally enough, I believe most of the girls who posted here left around the reunion..

As far as Machinehead goes, IMO, the Blackening was a great album and TTAOE was a metal masterpiece.

This new song however reminds me of the Burning Red era, or worse yet Supercharger... Which was just about one of the most godawful metal albums ever.

Hopefully it's just a crappy mix, because I would hate for Machinehead to take a step back after a huge leap forward with the last two albums.
I agree Supercharger is their worst album ever. Ironically it was the first of theirs that I bought and it made me a fan, but after hearing their other stuff later I immediately began to not like it. With the exception of Deafening Silence, to me one of their best songs ever. That chorus is so passionate I encourage anyone to look it up if you haven't heard it. I actually hear more of the newer Machinehead in this song though, particularly with the harmonized guitar parts during the chorus, they really began doing this with TTAOE and it just resonates fantastic musicianship.

And Deafening Silence! Feel the pain in my eyes! LOL just love that chorus this band rules looking forward to their new release as much as Anthrax', great metal to come!:kickass:

I am just thankful bands like Anthrax, Testament, Machine Head, Slayer, Iron Maiden etc continue to put out new music as there aren't many younger bands that I really like, doesn't seem like there are any younger generation bands that will ever be as classic as Anthrax, Maiden, etc.