O/T New Soulfly

DeadGuy35

Mar 15, 2002
Champaign, IL
profiles.yahoo.com
I hate to admit it, but I've heard bits and pieces of the new Soulfly album, and I really like it. I hated the first two albums, but this one has more of a Sepultura type of feel to it. I really like the Sacred Reich cover "One Nation", "Brasil", and "Enter Faith". Granted, none of the music is groundbreaking or that original, but I think its a big improvement over the first two albums. Nicely done Max. I look forward to seeing them with Slayer and In Flames. Just add a Chicago date!

Soulfly rules!
Their first album was okay.
The second was fucking great!
When's the new one released?

The first two albums were hit and miss...some really good tracks spaced out by other stuff that was pretty crappy. As a result, they haven't seen much time in the CD player since I bought them, so I'll have to hear something impressive before I buy again.

This is where file-sharing is handy, as I can try before I buy. Don't tell Galvatron I said that. :lol:

I've had the new Soulfly for awhile now. It's like a combination of the first two albums. There are some brutal Slayer like tracks on it (Last of the Mohicans, Call to arms) and one track (One) with the singer from Ill Nino that sounds like soulfly meets Linkin Park believe it or not. I actually kind of like it. Brasil is sung in Portuegese and is very tribal. It's a good album, but I still prefer Primitive.