O\T Old Timers and Metal Terms

DarbysDad

Timmy! Timmy!!! Timmy!!!
Jun 19, 2003
BLF, CA
Visit site
Anyone remember when Anthrax, Mettalica and MegaDeth were "classified" as Speed and NOT Thrash metal? Because Slayer, Exodus and other bands were more Thrash Metal.

Remember - Power Metal? not quite Speed Metal but a little heavier than Maiden and Priest. Kinda like the Exciter clip I just watched and has been posted b4 by someone else.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0lw5ygX-0Y

and a few a few of these :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

and these later :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Don't you just love some of the terms or names given to different types of metal music. What about 'Chugga Metal' or maybe that was a term just the group of people I hung around at that time called it.

:headbang: CHUGGA, CHUGGA, CHUGGA, CHUGGA :headbang:

I never really considered Megadeth to be thrash. They didn't quite blend in with the likes of DRI, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault, etc.

Eh........I considered thrash to be essentially crossover music between metal and punk, which is why I don't see Megadeth as being thrash.

Sorry, never got into labeling music. To me if it's good, it's good. I could care less what record companies catagorize it as, just to sell more copies. Of course I can hear a difference between different bands, but it's all music to my ears!:headbang:

DarbysDad said:
Anyone remember when Anthrax, Mettalica and MegaDeth were "classified" as Speed and NOT Thrash metal? Because Slayer, Exodus and other bands were more Thrash Metal.

Remember - Power Metal? not quite Speed Metal but a little heavier than Maiden and Priest. Kinda like the Exciter clip I just watched and has been posted b4 by someone else.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0lw5ygX-0Y

and a few a few of these :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

and these later :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I had a poster of Megadeths original lineup that said:
Megadeth-Worlds State of the Art Speed Metal Band

MikeyBong said:
Sorry, never got into labeling music. To me if it's good, it's good. I could care less what record companies catagorize it as, just to sell more copies. Of course I can hear a difference between different bands, but it's all music to my ears!:headbang:

Mikey hit it right on the nose.

3Storms said:
Eh........I considered thrash to be essentially crossover music between metal and punk, which is why I don't see Megadeth as being thrash.
ZZZactly!

...But that's what came from Hardcore Thrash as far as I see it, but there are quite a few Thrash Metal bands today that really don't have anything to do with Punk.

.. but then again, there's so many goddamn sub-genres now I don't know what the Fuck is what.

3Storms said:
crossover was a cross between ttrash and hardcore :p: damn I'm a prick