O/T Ripper and Judas Priest

prime666

Feb 4, 2002
NY
www.myspace.com
Is Ripper still in the band. I read Scott's e mail and from the way he said it "He needs to be in a band working because it's a shame that people aren't getting to hear this guy more often. He's amazing."
I was wondering if he parted ways with priest.

Yeah , from whats around - I hear he is still with the band. And the new cd i HOPE is a little more "Priest" than demolition. It's a time old arguement. Halford vers Ripper -

I caught Ripper in Sydney and he was incredible. A nice halford clone.:)

Stu said:
Yeah , from whats around - I hear he is still with the band. And the new cd i HOPE is a little more "Priest" than demolition. It's a time old arguement. Halford vers Ripper -

I caught Ripper in Sydney and he was incredible. A nice halford clone.:)

Demolition was a tad on the "explorative" side musically for me, but it was still a listenable album.....about Ripper being a nice Halford clone -
it seems to me that when they play new material live that he tries way too hard to get a Pantera vibe going w/ his vox. I still like the sound but a lotta ppl in the audience were all pissed off cause he wasn't singing it in Halford fashion. Those are fans truly split in two on the singer issue. And they're quite rabid about it. It's like my brother and his friends back in the day getting into fistfights over DLR vs HAGAR and who was better for VAN HALEN....thank god most 'Thrax fans aren't that split about Belladonna vs Bush.
New singers, old singers - fuck, I'm just glad these bands still make music.
But I digress, like who ya wanta like. Individuality is the greatest thing about the human race...

Oh, and about that whole "old singer or new singer" thing, I have a theory on that. Priest is a good example of this. When Rob split, they found a replacement, eventually. Meanwhile, Rob came back with a killer new band (HALFORD). So, because of the Priest/Rob split, we now have TWO kick-ass bands! Sure, I'd like to see Rob back in JP, but at least we're getting a shitload more killer tracks... Same with Helloween & Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray), Sabbath & Ozzy, Dio... I'm sure there are others that are just escaping my mind right now.

Sgt-D said:
Oh, and about that whole "old singer or new singer" thing, I have a theory on that. Priest is a good example of this. When Rob split, they found a replacement, eventually. Meanwhile, Rob came back with a killer new band (HALFORD). So, because of the Priest/Rob split, we now have TWO kick-ass bands! Sure, I'd like to see Rob back in JP, but at least we're getting a shitload more killer tracks... Same with Helloween & Kai Hansen (Gamma Ray), Sabbath & Ozzy, Dio... I'm sure there are others that are just escaping my mind right now.

Anthrax and Belladonna...er, wait...

i know this is straying off the subject a little but it concerns pantera,i know that dime and vinnie have nfp but there was a rumour that ripper was asked to join pantera,i for one would love to see the end result!

There was an internet rumour Ripper was going to join Pantera. He said in few interviews it was complete bullshit.
By the way, he's better than Halford.

It too bad, though, that the album lyrics have suffered since Rob's departure. I think it's obvious that Glenn & K.K. need to start letting Ripper write lyrics... It can't be worse than some of the shit on Jugulator (though I did like the album, somewhat...).

Sgt-D said:

Right you are Sarge.....

Ripper in Pantera just wouldn't sound right. If Phil has left, then to me Pantera is over. It also seems Rex has bailed ??