O/T: Roast of William Shatner

I saw it, and thought it kinda sucked. It was just a bunch of B-rated comedians and has-beens roasting a guy just to get themselves on TV. Funny parts were few and far in between. You could tell that most of them had never worked with him, which was kind of cheap because a proper roast is getting roasted by the people you've worked with instead of a bunch of generc second-rate comedians trying to be funny by repeating the same sex and old age jokes.

The funniest part was the line of "last year, we roasted Pamela Anderson. This year, we roast another actor untalented actor with big boobs."

3Storms said:
I saw it, and thought it kinda sucked. It was just a bunch of B-rated comedians and has-beens roasting a guy just to get themselves on TV. Funny parts were few and far in between. You could tell that most of them had never worked with him, which was kind of cheap because a proper roast is getting roasted by the people you've worked with instead of a bunch of generc second-rate comedians trying to be funny by repeating the same sex and old age jokes.

The funniest part was the line of "last year, we roasted Pamela Anderson. This year, we roast another actor untalented actor with big boobs."

Comedy Central's roasts usually involved Greg Giraldo, Lisa Lampanelli and one or two other "regulars." In the very beginning, Jason Alexander even pointed out that most of the people had never worked with him before. In fact, I liked how right before William Shanter came up for his "rebuttal", it was made known that he was the only one that actually still had a career. :lol: Regardless, I still thought it was funny.

MikeyBong said:
Damn, I really miss hearing Billy West on that show!!! He was completely insane!
The best part about having Jackie on the show was that they all had someone other than Gary to make fun of!

I disagree, I think that Artie is 10 x better than Jackie--F Jackie. Artie adds more depth to the show, I do think Howard cuts him off alot though

Who Dis??

DeathsHead said:
I disagree, I think that Artie is 10 x better than Jackie--F Jackie. Artie adds more depth to the show, I do think Howard cuts him off alot though

Who Dis??
You and I don't disagree on this...read my earlier post.