O/T Slayer Box Set

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
I've been meaing to pick this up for ages, and finally found it on E-bay for a very reasonable price. I'll have it back on ebay this weekend. Shit quality DVD and shit quality live recordings of the same songs over and over. Very dissapointed. War at the Warfield was much better!

I know how you feel. I hate when bands put out crap like that. I couldn't even get through the whole thing, I wanted to throw it out the window. What a piece of shit. Every time I see that box it pisses me off.

Jockthrax said:
Shit quality DVD and shit quality live recordings of the same songs over and over. Very dissapointed. War at the Warfield was much better!

Are you gonna have that posted just under the picture of the boxset on ebay? :lol:

what can you expect? most of those lives recordings are ridiculously old!! but still i see your point though...just listen to ice titan live on 'shit you havnt heard' there fuckin tight as hell. And yeah war at the warfield was the shit but still reigning is even better!! Tom was so up for that show he's amazing!!! SLAYER!

Jockthrax said:
I've been meaing to pick this up for ages, and finally found it on E-bay for a very reasonable price. I'll have it back on ebay this weekend. Shit quality DVD and shit quality live recordings of the same songs over and over. Very dissapointed. War at the Warfield was much better!

WATW was pure comedy. That fan documentary was hilarious, especially that fat fuck and the gothic girls.

The set is fair. All the "unreleased" stuff was napster grabs. Nice to have it all together though. A must for a serious collector...btw, I am serious about SLAYER. I grabbed some old headbanger ball DVDs off ebay.91 94 stuff. What was cool IMO was during one interview segment they got talking about signings. This was the Devine dates. We had taken our kids. 4 and 1 at the time. Got some fair pics of that BTW. They did refer to our kids during this interview and also in a couple mags back in the day. Well now the oldest is doing a school project with "video facts," and signed baby goodies! Remember Satan Laughs

jdelpi said:
I agree the box mostly sucks. I like the bonus disc of the large box version, which is a soundboard recording with Lombardo back on drums. I find it hard to believe it is the full show though.

yeah man, i tell you slayer are so tight on that disc!!! they mustve bin pumped to have lombardo back!! Who woudnt be though?!!