O/T SUBWOOFER HELP

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
I have an older, yet remarkably hard hitting pair of 400 watt Pioneer free air 12" subs in a custom slim box that I'm planning to install for my g/f. My problem is that I noticed the foam ring on one was punctured in 2 small spots - does anything repair this?

I was told silicon would but I was also thinking of just replacing the foam all together with a foam ring replacement kit. Silicon is way cheaper than that though... It's not affecting the speakers sound at all, I just don't want it to rip more.

Any suggestions? And "buy new speakers" won't be accepted.:Smug:

Free air subs should not be run in a box. If it is the surround that is damaged you can probably fix with sillycone and the GF wont hear a difference. If it is tha timportant to ya then you can replace the surrounds. Chances are you wont find an exact replacement but in this case close will do just fine.

ThraxEm said:
Free air subs should not be run in a box. If it is the surround that is damaged you can probably fix with sillycone and the GF wont hear a difference. If it is tha timportant to ya then you can replace the surrounds. Chances are you wont find an exact replacement but in this case close will do just fine.

It's not a complete box, it's basically just an open ended carpeted shell. It holds them in place and looks nice, but allows them to fuction properly. I guess I'm slappin' some "sillycone' on them bad boys!:loco:

Thanx