O/T: TGI Friday's Electric Lemonade

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
The wife and I went out to TGI Friday's the other week, and I had one of their "Ultimate Electric Lemonades". Dear Christ, it almost put me on my ass (yeah, I'm a cheap date), and I actually got the wife as close to drunk as I ever have in 11 years.:devil:

Now, my question: Does anyone know what the right proportions are for this monstrosity? From webtender.com and Friday's own menu, I know the drink has vodka (they use Skyy, which is okay, but I like Ketel One better), sweet & sour mix, and blue curacao. But webtender says to use a hurricane glass, and the amount of the drink their recipe makes is pitifully small. The ones I make at home are okay (so long as you double the recipe - and I'm typing this with a bit of a buzz on), but they haven't been quite up to what I had at Friday's.

Anyone who works at TGI Fridays, used to work there, or knows someone and can share the "secret recipe" - as soon as I'm done throwing up on my shoes, I'll be in your debt. :guh:

Friday's Ultimate Long Island is amazing as well.

Hey man, I don't know what they do - but let's say that I have been trying to bang a certain chick that works at Friday's for some time now..... Maybe I can ask her if she knows anything.

blue curacao: i love that shit.

not to say i dont like real liquar. It just makes everything taste better.

Thrillho said:
Friday's Ultimate Long Island is amazing as well.

Hey man, I don't know what they do - but let's say that I have been trying to bang a certain chick that works at Friday's for some time now..... Maybe I can ask her if she knows anything.

Then let's hope for success at both of our levels... :devil:

Dude, I'm serious... unless she can really hold her liquor, one or two of these, aah, "lowers the resistance". :tickled: That ultimate tropical drink they have is the one that was the key to my wife's arrival at a new level of consciousness.

I have people at my bar ask for this sometimes. I use absolute citron, sweet and sour mix, a splash of triple sec, a bit of lemonade, and blue curacao.
If I want to impress the customer, if it's a chick, I'll add a sugar rim to the glass.

I think at Friday's they add triple sec too. Plus, just because they say they use skyy doesn't mean they actually do. They might be using some cheap vodka that's only been distilled once, which goes straight to your head. Also, the amount of sugar in their sweet and sour mix probably helps get the "buzz on".

I hope I don't get some smart ass reply to this post saying something like "do i owe Alexstomp a tip now?"

Alex, if it's not too much trouble, could you PM me the specs on the drink?

Here's where I'm showing my stupid side... if blue curacao is pretty much an orange liqueur, is the triple sec kind of being redundant?

What I used to make me sobriety-challenged last night was Ketel One, Master of Mixers sweet & sour mix, and DeKuypper Blue Curacao.

Seriously, I appreciate the help. If I were in the DC area, I'd head to your bar just to give you the business as a thank-you for the help.

the blue stuff is mostly for color, not taste.

I stray away from these sugary cocktails though. I like ones where I mix fresh fruit and berries, elixirs, spices, herbs, essence etc etc. I make a killer mojito.

btw, I don't have a specific recipe for this drink, electric lemonade, because I rarely ever get a request for it. I work at a super high volume joint in the summer with intimidating bouncers. Since we're so busy, customers usually never order drinks that might take us a little bit of time to make. And we only stop and make those drinks for either a)a friend b)someone we know that tips well, or c)someone we want to fuck.