o/t: The Bill Murray Oscar hunt

Jeffasin

Rebel Scum
Feb 14, 2002
Echo Base
Visit site
Bill Murray has been nominated for a Golden Globe and already won the New York City film critics award for best actor in Lost in Translation. Chances are good that he'll at least be nominated for an Academy Award. Not that it really matters if he wins or even gets nominated, but I think he's a hell of an actor and one of the funniest guys on the planet....

Bodylouseuk said:
I agree.. although he has made some bad films....

Lost in Translation opens in England this week I believe and all the reviews say its crap apart from Bill Murrys performance...

any opinions?
Murray definately carries the movie. Without his performance, the script is a little too obvious and a little flat. The movie itself is just ok, but Murray makes the whole thing work....

Dude this is the most over-hyped, over rated movie of the year andI see a ton of movies each year, For 2003 it was 58 movies in the theater,not counting movies I see more than once. Honestly, This is the most unfunny (that can't be a word) movie he has done. All he does is walk around looking board and lust after a cute girl. Ben Kingsly (House of Sand and Fog) or Sean Penn (Mystic River or 21 Grams) deserve a nod long before Bill Murry.