O/T Tony Iommi

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
Just heard a new track "Dopamine" from upcoming Iommi´s solo CD-it´s available on www.iommi.com and I think it kicks fucking ass! Glenn Hughes is playing bass and singing, Kenny Aronoff is on the drums.
His record "Iommi" (with various guests) is amongst my most favourite albums ever, btw.

prime666 said:
Iommi is the Godfather of metal. Havent heard his solo album but I'll check it out...How does Hughes sound on the vocals?

Hughes sounds PRETTY GOOD!!:headbang: Be sure to check it out.

Sgt-D said:
Glenn & Tony, together again! Yay! Maybe they'll play some stuff of of "Seventh Star!" :headbang:

(Seriously, I actually liked that Sab record)

According to their website, they will.

It really is a very strong and, I would even say, powerful album.The Sabs are doing pretty well this year: "Fused", "Ohmwork", Ward's also got something going out. Too bad Ozzy is such a fucking mess...

i have to agree with you johnnieczech and, i wanna see this tour more than sabbath at ozzfest. tony's one of the guys that really inspired me when i first started playing guitar (ace frehely is the reason i picked it up in the first place). he's capable of great music. i can't understand why sabbath couldn't put together a decent album over the last few years . iommi's last solo effort was great also. songs i didn't think i'd like are actually the ones i listen to now (like billy idol's "into the night"). i'll pick it up july 11th for sure.

Iommi IS Black Sabbath! Make no mistake about that... more than Ozzy ever was in my opinion.

Iommi is quite simply the GODFATHER of Metal Guitarists

IOMMI is the man.. Sabbath is like my second favorite band..I had his last solo album but never really soaked it in because I lost it in like a week... Going to see them next week.

Fused is a great album and I can't stop listening to it. Easily one of the best hard rock albums in years as I would not really consider it metal, certain songs are but for the most part its just great kick ass rock. And Glen's vocals are amazing as always, anyone into his voice should check out his latest release Soul Mover. Its a great hard rock/funk album

aliasp said:
Iommi IS Black Sabbath! Make no mistake about that... more than Ozzy ever was in my opinion.

Agreed. I actually like the non-Ozzy albums better in some cases. Tony Martin's singing is HIGLY under-rated. Go pick up Tyr, Headless Cross & The Eternal Idol. I also thought that Ronnie James Dio's lyrics & singing fit the tone of Tony Iommi's guitarwork much better than Ozzy; the four Dio-Sabbath CDs are very good.

sgt-d wrote:
Go pick up Tyr, Headless Cross & The Eternal Idol.
"when death calls" off headless cross is one of my favorite sabbath tunes of all time. tony martin has a great voice .the vibe of ronnie james dio with power and range in his own right.

Awesome, some people on here dig Tony Martin-era Sabbath. Those are some of my favorite Sabbath discs. I have never heard 'Seventh Star' though, although I love Glenn Hughes. I guess I need to pick that up.

I hope that Iommi / Hughes do a proper US tour. I will need to get those CDs signed to match my Iommi 'S/T' disc:

chiefs45177-IommiCD2.jpg

johnnieCzech said:
Cross Purposes is also a great album IMO...

Yeah, I was digging Cross Purposes & Forbidden as well. Jus' forgot about them when I posted last! Oops...

The tune that always gets me going is "Ancient Warrior" off of Eternal Idol. Very cool track. I just wish that the non-Ozzy Sabbath would have gotten more airplay & exposure than they did. The only Sabbath song sans-Ozz that I've heard on the radio in the past ten years is Heaven & Hell, which is a killer song, don't get me wrong. It's just that they have so much cool shit from the post-Ozzy era that people ignore... :err:

Sgt-D said:
I just wish that the non-Ozzy Sabbath would have gotten more airplay & exposure than they did. The only Sabbath song sans-Ozz that I've heard on the radio in the past ten years is Heaven & Hell, which is a killer song, don't get me wrong. It's just that they have so much cool shit from the post-Ozzy era that people ignore... :err:

My thoughts exactly, Sabbath without Ozzy is just as good if not better than Ozzy is without Sabbath. Also people if your digging this new Iommi/Hughes project check out the '96 DEP Sessions, killer album as well

Ok speaking of old classic Metal/Rock ... what do u guys think of Deep Purple. I reckon their early stuff is just fantastic. Gillian is da man.

Speaking of non-Ozzy Sabbath - Dio for me was the man up front. Heaven & Hell is just the most amazing album. Little midgit Ronnie is for me right up their with Brucey from Maiden and heck thats saying a lot !