O/T Twisted Sister - Poughkeepsie, NY 8/13/04

nythraxfan

Feb 10, 2002
upstate new york
Visit site
The opening riff to What You Don't Know hit at 10:45, and they walked off stage at 12:31. A full 1 hour 46 minutes of TS kicking Poughkeepsie's ass!
The set list in order was :

What You Don't Know
The Kids Are Back
Stay Hungry
Destroyer
I Am, I'm Me
You Can't Stop Rock 'N Roll
The Fire Still Burns
Shoot 'Em Down
We're Not Gonna Take It
Ride To Live, Live To Ride
I Believe In Rock 'N Roll
Under The Blade
The Price
Burn In Hell
drum solo
I Wanna Rock
Come Out And Play
S.M.F.

After seeing TS at the civic center in Poughkeepsie 4 times in late '81, summer '82, 12/82, and 7/83, tonight felt like coming full circle for me. I've seen quite a few shows at the civic center in the last 21 years, but I always considered the civic center to be Twisted Sister's venue, and the other bands that played there were just borrowing it from TS. Tonights performance reinforced to me exactly why I feel that way. Twisted Sister and the mid-hudson civic center is like steak and a baked potato, strawberries and whipped cream, a DVD and a 5.1 surround sound home theater system, you get the point. They just go together perfectly. Thank you Twisted Sister for last nights show, and I hope the 5 of you enjoyed it as much as I did. :headbang:

nythraxfan said:
The opening riff to What You Don't Know hit at 10:45, and they walked off stage at 12:31. A full 1 hour 46 minutes of TS kicking Poughkeepsie's ass!
The set list in order was :

What You Don't Know
The Kids Are Back
Stay Hungry
Destroyer
I Am, I'm Me
You Can't Stop Rock 'N Roll
The Fire Still Burns
Shoot 'Em Down
We're Not Gonna Take It
Ride To Live, Live To Ride
I Believe In Rock 'N Roll
Under The Blade
The Price
Burn In Hell
drum solo
I Wanna Rock
Come Out And Play
S.M.F.

After seeing TS at the civic center in Poughkeepsie 4 times in late '81, summer '82, 12/82, and 7/83, tonight felt like coming full circle for me. I've seen quite a few shows at the civic center in the last 21 years, but I always considered the civic center to be Twisted Sister's venue, and the other bands that played there were just borrowing it from TS. Tonights performance reinforced to me exactly why I feel that way. Twisted Sister and the mid-hudson civic center is like steak and a baked potato, strawberries and whipped cream, a DVD and a 5.1 surround sound home theater system, you get the point. They just go together perfectly. Thank you Twisted Sister for last nights show, and I hope the 5 of you enjoyed it as much as I did. :headbang:
lucky cunt