o/t: weezer- maladroit (attn: Ron and Steve)

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
Have you guys heard the new weezer CD? It's pretty sweet.

I went to the store to buy Superjoint Ritual's album and saw weezer's maladroit and bought both CDs on a whim.

Turns out I like the new weezer better than the new Superjoint Ritual. Superjoint Ritual is a bit too repetitiive.

score:
weezer-- 9 out of 10
Superjoint Ritual-- 7 out of 10

the new weezer is the first weezer album where i can say that i don't like all of the songs... there's only like, two that i skip over. all of the other songs are top shelf though... love em.

it's a good record.

Yeah, I just started getting into weezer again. I bought the blue album when "Undone" and "Buddy Holly" were on the radio a lot.
My friend had the album that had "El Scorcho" on it. I need to listen to that album again.
Ah, yes. It was Pinkerton. I didn't really like that album. I think I should give it a second chance...

I do have the single for "El Scorcho".

I don't have the new album yet. I downloaded and burned all the demos from it when they had them on their website. I didn't think they were all that good so I've put off buying it, I'm sure I will eventually though.

It's funny how Weezer appeals to metal heads. The new album shows Rivers Cuomo's penchant for metal licks (like the solo to Dope Nose). I remember reading in Guitar World in 1994 that he used to be in a metal band... its pretty funny how his power pop has it. I think Fu Manchu almost has it... California Crossing is a good cd, but it sounds like outtakes from Ace Frehley's solo album played through a neck pickup on a Les Paul. Actually, the vocals on "Squash That Fly" sound a bit like Ace... if he were to sing in tune.