O/T Why the fuck did I even buy a cd burner? Please help me w/ this piece o' shit!

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
I bought a pretty decent (sp?) cd burner today - memorex - and it burns the living hell outta my kazaa files. Fast as hell. But EVERY fuckin' cd I try to burn tells me it's copyrighted and the burn failed. WTF? Even cd's I've had for 10 + years, that i KNOW have no coptright encryption on them say the same shit. is there just something I need to change in the settings or what?

By the way, go to Blockbuster and rent 'Delta Delta Die!' I swear it's the best bmovie cannibal sorority titty movie ever! And the dvd extras are nuttin' but teots! Yeah c'mon!

Ragamuffin said:
Try to rip the cd to your harddrive first. Use CDEX to make mp3s and burn the cd from that. It'll take a bit longer but it should stop that problem.

http://download.com.com/3000-2140-10216978.html?tag=lst-0-1

Ahhh, this would be perfect if not for the fact that my comp is old as the fucking hills w/ little disk space to spare. I already attempted this and failed...

I got sick of waiting for him so I fucked around with it, figured it out. Amazong what I can accomplish when I have no idea what I'm trying to do.

Heres what you do:

1 - Open nero

If the wizard comes up on open skip to step 3

2 - click the "New Compilation" button in the top left. This will bring up the wizard.

3 - Click "Close Wizard" to bring up the "New Compliation" window.

4 - Scroll down the left until you find "CD Copy", click that once.

5 - Click the "Read Options" tab on right top.

6 - Under "Audio Tracks" uncheck everything.

From here you can either use the wizard (theres a button on the far right) or do it the long way.

Should fix all your problems, lemme know if you have any others and I'll see what I can do.

I've never had problems with nero and I do that the same way as Ragamuffin. Have you tried throwing your pc out of the window and purchasing new one? :lol:

Depends on how you installed it, alot of times, people don't hook up the soundcard to both drives and so one doesn't play sound (sometimes does for games, but not music cds). Mine's like that, I didn't have an extra sound card plug in for the burner, so left it unplugged, but shoulda plugged it in and left the other unplugged, since I never use it.