O/T Why the fuck did I even buy a cd burner? Please help me w/ this piece o' shit!

Well, I hooked it up as the master on the secondary and the cd rom as the slave to the hard drives master on the primary. It works, but I don't have enough disck space. I guess I'mm gonna keep fuckin' with it....
I wanted to hook it up as the master to the cd rom's slave on the secondary and the hard drive on the primary but goddammit, the split cable they gave me is about half an inch too short. Bastards.

I shall give the comp guys at work tomorrow the good ole what for fer tellin me how easy this shit is.....

No, I meant, the sound card itself. When you installed the cd burner, how many plugs did you plug in? There's the grey ribbon cable that you're talking about, the power cable, and usually, there's only one sound card plug, and that's already plugged into the cd rom on your computer already. It's usually a little white plug in. I think 4 wires, tiny wires.

well, I got it going. I just hooked in the burner drive and took out my cdrom. But now I have ALL of my comps program files in my kazaa account and my floppy drive continues to load floppys that are not there.....I give up. *Looks for nearest window*

MY CD burner came with the PC. EZCreator 5 by Roxio. Works GREAT, burned Fistful AND Vol 8 from Kazaa. Although Kazaa had some viruses (got 2 from Kazaa files) and I had to uninstall it, the CD's sound like I bought them at the store.

I could never find V8 so that's my excuse for burning that one instead of spending the $$ to support the band. As for Fistful, I went to the Thrax site's Noize part, got the track listing to Fistful Of Anthrax instead of Fistful Of Metal and burned away.

I just deleted kazaa, I'll reinstall it later. As for burnin' Vol. 8 - more power to ya. It's a hard one to find. But just be like me and buy one when you do find it. It does'nt help that much, if at all, but I'm a fanboy so what the hell right?