Oblique Rain (Prog Rock/Metal band)

I can hear some Disillusion in there(know them? :lol:), same guitar sound as their latest album :cool:

Next to that, very nice music indeed! I'd love to hear more :p

honestly didnt like it, im not being a cheeky cunt but european bands have this 90's sound (not the good kind) the production is undoubtly excellent but masks the actual music which is boring a new-metal sounding or something

Hats off to Oblique Rain. They friend requested me a few days back and I cannot stop listening to the myspace songs. A definite purchase for me.

Wow this is really good! It's got the same dark feel and intense soundscape as Opeth :) (but by no means a rip-off) But how do you get the album outside of Portugal? The paypal link on your myspace just took me to...paypal... but where am I ordering from? Maybe it's avaible for download somewhere? :)

But how do you get the album outside of Portugal? The paypal link on your myspace just took me to...paypal... but where am I ordering from? Maybe it's avaible for download somewhere? :)

At the moment the album is not yet available outside Portugal unless you order it through Paypal. By using the Paypal method in our "myspace" you will be ordering the CD directly from the band.

Compliments to all of you fellow metallers.

We've just uploaded a new song on our myspace player.
Mixing and mastering duties for the new album are finally concluded and the result is as you can hear by listening to "Darker Woods", which is a beautifully ambiental reverie.

Click to listen: http://www.myspace.com/obliquerain

"October Dawn" playlist and song titles will be as follows:

1 - Soaring Alone
2 - Out There
3 - Soul Circles
4 - Absent Awry
5 - Reminiscence
6 - Inanity
7 - Spiral Dreams
8 - Dawn
9 - Darker Woods

More news about artwork and release dates will follow soon.
Regards

nice work. but i have to be a party pooper and point out that theres a thread for members' music projects that this should be posted on. if youre music was shit i would have said that rudely:)

This should be abolished. I really appreciate more when bands start their own thread, and they don't do it so often, so it's still alright to me.

(To Oblique_Rain) So you must be very proud of that, 4 years of preparations! Nice stuff, keep going, seriously.

This should be abolished. I really appreciate more when bands start their own thread, and they don't do it so often, so it's still alright to me.

(To Oblique_Rain) So you must be very proud of that, 4 years of preparations! Nice stuff, keep going, seriously.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Nasty-Fire; we took 4 years to come up with our debut album which has been released in 2007. Basically I started a project with one of my band mates in 2003. We just came up with something decent to our tastes in 2005. It was an experimental period.

The subject of my last posts is our 2nd album.

Cheers

Listening to the Myspace page right now. Impressive stuff! Congratz! I hear Katatonia, Novembre, and I think I even heard a Chris Cornell type of scream in Shadows Entwined (I think).

Good stuff, guys. I'll definitely keep an eye/ear out for the new release, as well as the debut...