October Falls

FUBAR

Sep 19, 2004
UK
So...I just bought 2 October Falls cds off ebay mearly because I rememberd the name bein mentioned around these parts before...I've never heard the band. I snapped em up cuz I heard they were hard to find....I hear they are kind dark n folky...Was this a wise purchase?

Great music! I really like OF, nice dark folky atmospheric music like you said.

yea, id say it was a good purchase. dark folky acoustic music similar to kveldssanger ulver and empyrium work. a little more minimalistic, not quite as dynamic, but a good alternative if youre sick of the aforementioned artists. and also youre right...they arent mass produced, so they arent terribly easy to come across.

I've heard a few samples and didn't like it all that much though I cant really judge without hearing the whole album as ive read some good reviews and ppl have recommended me about them.Though if your into that kind of sound Id suggest you try out Nest's-Woodsmoke,I found that really beautiful atmospheric ambient stuff.

I listened to Nest's Woodsmoke a few times now, but they seem quite boring to me, although it's nice music. I don't know what it is, perhaps the production or the fact that the songs seem very similar.

steel102 said:
yeah october falls is amazing. I think M. Lehto posts on UM as well, just probably not in this forum.

I post here, not very often though.

If someone's interested, Marras will be released on vinyl soon.

M.Lehto said:
I post here, not very often though.

If someone's interested, Marras will be released on vinyl soon.

Will they be re released on cd at any point?

LunarSea said:
Will they be re released on cd at any point?

Both releases are available through Dark Horizon Records and various distros, if you're located to US, you can try www.darkhorizon666.com or also The End Records had them at least a while ago. Some others too, but those came first to my mind.

If you're located in Europe, you can try www.ahdistuksenaihio.com (has Tuoni MCD and 10" vinyl) or www.firebox.fi for both CD's.