October Thorns/ Joe Chawki!!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Anyoen ever hear this guy?

I saw him when OT opened for SyX is Brooklyn and at the Bike Shop in NJ.

Phenominal player.

Plays lefty but with a righty gtr flipped over.

Sick watching him do sweeps.

http://www.myspace.com/joechawki

He's got some new jazz fusion tracks that sare supposed to go out on an ep soon.

Can't wait to hear him do a full length.

Anyone else see him?

from what I've heard, is that this is one of many many forums plagued by this character.

The only thing worse than a normal spammer is a spammer obsessed with the haggard D list Brooklyn Lamour opener band metal scene.

godspeed to anyone who wasted their life reading the posts in the Zandelle thread.

I am aware of that, good music doesn't come with gazzilion sweeps in a song or light speed shredding. No offence to anyone...

Of course that might be an unconscious excuse for my sloppy playing :)

Tenebre is fucking awesome!!

Totally unique.

There's a resaon they have the "greatest band" as their website you know, kinda true if you ask me.

Until Destiny is phenominal and there is a whole new breed of new shredders comign up.

this next year is going to be sick for Brooklyn metal.

LennyX said:
bands like Operatica are openeing up for Kamelot and Blind Guardian, and the rest have their following aswell,

Well, as an aside, its not terribly hard for a local band to get a local spot opening for a major tour.

And honestly, I really don't see these bands having much of a following outside of the Brooklyn area.

They said the same thing about SyX 10 or so years ago.

And HA, Voltron!!

I haven't heard that in years!!

I din't even notice that avatar util you mentioned it.

Friggin' hysterical.

Looks like a mega turbo power ranger too, lol.

savabich2 said:
They said the same thing about SyX 10 or so years ago.

Not a good comparison. 10 years ago Symphony X had only existed for 2-3 years and were a studio band. Not to mention at that time they only had a deal in Japan, with much of their noteriety being held overseas. Its fair to say more people knew about Symphony X in Europe and Japan than they did in their hometown (or state even).

And how can you people not recognize Galvatron when you see him? :lol:

Yeah, but outside of NY/NJ... no one knows of them, or cares. That's the point he's trying to make

And Shokai's right. I've yet to hear something interesting come out of this area in the past few years. In particular, the bands he mentioned seem to have the largest following, but also seem to be the least original.

And I don't know what there is to like about Operatika. It's bad power metal, and their solos make it worse. I don't think the guy knows how to play an actual melody...