Odd dual display problem.

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
Iäve been using an external 19" widescreen TFT with my laptop in a dual screen config for a wee while but one day i started up and there was a yellow tint.

Its not a cable/monitor problem cause i tested it with 2 other laptops in the house and i've got 3 OS' installed (Vista, XP and XP) and it's the same problem on all of them making it probably not a driver issue...

However,

Itäs a compaq presario v6000 laptop, Gforce go 6150 onboard GFX.

Pic of both screens.

DSCN0099.jpg

Ideas?

Iäve been using an external 19" widescreen TFT with my laptop in a dual screen config for a wee while but one day i started up and there was a yellow tint.

Its not a cable/monitor problem cause i tested it with 2 other laptops in the house and i've got 3 OS' installed (Vista, XP and XP) and it's the same problem on all of them making it probably not a driver issue...

However,

Itäs a compaq presario v6000 laptop, Gforce go 6150 onboard GFX.

Pic of both screens.

DSCN0099.jpg

Ideas?

damn my coffe is done but I don't have any milk :cry:

but at least my mugs are black

First problem is your choice in coffee--Nescafe??

The monitor issue is most likely the monitor itself, especially considering its not confined to a single machine or OS. Can you adjust the settings and if so does it improve the quality at all? How old is it? It may still be under warranty

so the tint only effects one system but not the others, try looking into the monitor settings of either the graphics adapter or the monitor itself.
Some will have a "Temperature setting" it changes the color frequency from cool to warm, flourescent etc.