odd issue with super long midi grooves

-J-

May 7, 2007
some of the grooves packed in the slate dealio (jerry lyon's) are so "wide" they go on to infinity to the right. I can't even grab the right hand side of it and shorten them like typical midi grooves. I don't have to use them, but there were a few from him I liked (only a few tweaks to fit a song I'm working on right now) that were hella long like that. anyone know what the deal is with that and how to fix? I use logic express. at this point, it's more to satisfy my curiosity I have to admit - as in, why would someone make a short section with notes, but then have the groove extend on to infinity? doesn't make sense, unless there's a purpose I don't know about.

you could always use the scissors tool to just chop off the excess shit and hit delete.

I suck at midi- I selected the scissors and didn't see them "appear" anywhere. you don't need to walk me through - I'll bust out the logic manual and see how to use the scissors. thanks!

Set your command-click or right click to the scissor file. Then go to the measure break that it is supposed to stop at. Command-click or right click and delete the second file that contains no midi data.

Set your command-click or right click to the scissor file. Then go to the measure break that it is supposed to stop at. Command-click or right click and delete the second file that contains no midi data.

awesome - thank you.