Odd Snare Mic Problem

jaredistheman

Feb 16, 2010
Memphis, Tn
So i was tracking some drums for a band today and after not paying much attention to the recording (as i'm doing it as a favor), i noticed the snare mic only recorded the audio on the left side of the wave form (if that makes sense). So it sounds like it's panned hard left. Well i won't have time to re track drums, but i'm thinking i have a solution, which is to simply invert the wav form to go to stereo right and after searching for a tutorial i can't find out to do this in logic. Does anyone have an insight in this area?

Thanks!

So i was tracking some drums for a band today and after not paying much attention to the recording (as i'm doing it as a favor), i noticed the snare mic only recorded the audio on the left side of the wave form (if that makes sense). So it sounds like it's panned hard left. Well i won't have time to re track drums, but i'm thinking i have a solution, which is to simply invert the wav form to go to stereo right and after searching for a tutorial i can't find out to do this in logic. Does anyone have an insight in this area?

Thanks!

sounds like you recorded a mono source to a stereo track.(easily don in logic since it seems to do fucking everything in stereo tracks.)
split the stereo track into mono.