Ode to the Search Button

grywolf627

Mar 16, 2006
Houston, TX
I was just about to post a question, looking for info on a certain guitar sound/production as I'm gearing up to work on one of my own projects. But then I saw the familiar words "use the search button" flashing in my brain. Hmm...maybe I'd better try the search button before Brett or someone nails me to the wall. And hey...what do you know...the info I wanted had already been posted. Oh search button, you have become my best friend lately. :kickass:

Okay, so now it's my turn to pass it along: To those new here, try the search button first... it won't bite. This is by far the best forum I've come across with encyclopedias full of information from some really great people. With the exception of a few trolls from time to time, everyone on this forum is knowledgeable, or at least helpful, and just as important...civil.

:headbang: to everyone on this forum!

Yeah...I know what you mean. The search engines are great. The only downside is for us newbies to the forum. I found most everything I wanted without asking, but that leaves my post count and exposure to the fine members of this forum fairly sparse. So with that said, thank you for the opportunity to post this. :D

Yeah, i know exactly what you mean. But my wife is a developer that lives and breathes google and is a wiki admin, so I guess her seach skills rubbed off on me. I guess it's about time I finally started listening to her. :)

One thing that I don't like about the search function is that it has a minimum word length limit of 3 characters. This excludes some words that we definitely use all the time, like "mic" or "tom". I don't see why this limit is necessary.

Yeah, you can't search for words less than four characters either. So When I search for TS9....no-go. Also, there is a minimum 20 seconds between searches. That's a pain in the ass. It's like, ok that's not what I wanted now about this.....waiting "Jeopardy Music"...

The search here is obviously useful, as is any search function, but sometimes its buggy as hell. half the time I use it, it just fucks up and says the search isn't working, it has that thing where it says you have to have 20 seconds between each search (what the hell is that???), and the three letter minimum is dumb too. Even so, if I have a question I always try and check the search first.

But like for example, I tried searching for a thread about the Digi 003. There was one thread where someone linked to an interview with someone from Digidesign talking about it, and no matter what I type into the search, it can't find it. It only finds one thread titled Digi 003, that of course doesn't have the link in it...sigh....