Odyssey - Reinventing The Pats available now

Lord K, your statements are always full of 'nuances':)

THIS Odyssey release (apart from the mini) IS Dan. And to avoid confusion with these countless other Odyssey bands out there, we added Dan Swano's....on it. And that can't be bad at all.....

check your metal archives:

7. Odyssey (Esp)
8. Odyssey (Fra)
9. Odyssey (Jor)
10. Odyssey (Pak)
11. Odyssey (Swe)
12. Odyssey (USA)
13. Odyssey (Zaf)

welcome Tumn! LOVE the album myself aswell. One of the most remarkable things in my eyes is that Dan managed to make this album a unity, although the songs, styles and times are so different, the CD sounds like one organic album. If you have never heard the originals you might think Dan wrote a bunch of great songs himself. And the leads are excellent! Hail to the good old guitar solo! Right?!?!?!?!?!

I will talk to Dan about your suggestion aswell...Who knows:)

Dan made the songs his own on this thing, and that is what is awesome about it. Originals are good, but wow are these better imo. :)

And I usually hate cover songs.

Lord K, your statements are always full of 'nuances':)

Nuances/truth and frankly speaking - whatever. All good to me.

THIS Odyssey release (apart from the mini) IS Dan. And to avoid confusion with these countless other Odyssey bands out there, we added Dan Swano's....on it. And that can't be bad at all.....

I don't care about that. I was commenting about the t-shirt design, which looks like fucken shit thanx to that addition above the picture.

check your metal archives:

7. Odyssey (Esp)
8. Odyssey (Fra)
9. Odyssey (Jor)
10. Odyssey (Pak)
11. Odyssey (Swe)
12. Odyssey (USA)
13. Odyssey (Zaf)

I don't give a flying goosefuck about any other Odyssey's out there. For all I care there could be a fucken Martian version of it, and their shirt design could say "Martian Inhabitant's Odyssey", it would still look like fucken shit. Imagine "Glen Benton's Deicide" on a shirt, or "Leif Edling's Candlemass". It looks fucken ridiculous. The only one who can get away with it is Yngwie J. Malmsteen, becoz he is Yngwie J. Malmsteen.

It's just about the design, nothing else. I think it looks like shit, but we can still be lovers. You and I, not the shirt and I. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot penis.

But the typo in the title, getting "pats" in there is excellent since "pats" is close to "pattar" in Swedish, which means "tits". Re-inventing the tits, muthafuckers.

Edit: I mean the forum topic typo, the shirt got it right, haha... Thank fuck.

haha, still love you Lordi, of course, whether you like the shirt or not, hahaha....Maybe we will print another shirt

Lord K´s......ex Odyssey....and in the middle a picture of me......

Yes, I am GOOD at typos you know:)

ps almost made another TYPO wehter instead of whether

wether is a castrated male GOAT (the merrian webster dictionary)

Finally listened to it today and what can I say? Awesome work musicially and production wise.
Really heavy guitars!
The remastered originals also improved a lot, very heavy sound.

edit: What happened to the Iron Maiden cover?

I'd rather have Kenth Philipson since that is my name after all.

Can we please get a tee that says "Lord K's TITS" on it?

I'd buy that.

A shirt with "Lord K is tits" is something I would fucken buy as well. Becoz it's the truth, and having the truth on a shirt is a proper way of dressing.

Got my copy ... on wednesday.
But didn't have time before yesterday to transfer it to my mobile phone...and listened to it this morning.

I really like how Dan's voice has evolved and that rasp he has started to use more of to get that aggressive feel.
...or is it just age? :D

anyway. vocals are striking. I'd definetly go for some unique ultraheavy Dan Swanö songs with the similar vocalstyle.

lucky Star One will soon be landing at our feet ;)

So, I've listened to the album a number of times.. The good news is the original EP tracks are not EQ'd at all really, the tonal balance remains pretty much the same. They are much louder though.

Oh and Cherry is an amazing performance out of the rest. Reminds me of Dan's godly version of Melissa. Both really unique cover versions.