Of Mice and Men - Of Mice and Men

I can't get over how big the bass sounds on this record. There's so much low end it's not even funny. I've read stuff about how you do the sine wave trick on your bass tracks. Was it the same case for this album? What was used to record the bass, and would you mind sharing some insight on the processing of the bass? Thanks.

sine wave trick is useful, but i only use it on anything tuned lower than B

Check out the threads on the new emmure album, actually its been explained in quite a few places. Basically you program a sine wave to follow the fundamental frequencies of the bass part. Tried it once, got annoyed lol. More than anything I respect people like Joey's patience!

I'm thinking about buying an old UAD pci card
Will I still be able to use Nigel/Preflex even if the card doesn't come with any plug in licences?
After looking about on the interwebs seems Nigel was free?

I'm doing an instrumental cover of Second & Sebring off of this album, and the tempos are a bitch. Anybody got the list of tempo changes?

The first tempo change, after it slows from 180, going into the "This time i'll make you proud" breakdown seems to either be impossible, or some weird shit like 143.7 or something along those lines. Any help?