Of Wolves and Withdrawal

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I just received the Metamorphosis EP yesterday, and I must say that this is easily one of the greatest "songs" I have ever heard. Completely blew me away unlike anything else has for quite some time. Absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Russell
Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Agreed. I'm also a fan of Rimbaud's work, so it's even better, even though I've never seen the translation that they used before. Perhaps they took some liberties?

Not exactly liberties but there are some subtle changes in the text they used from most of the english translations of "Bad Blood" I've read. The meaning is the same but they changed some words, I suppose in order to make it fit better to the vocal melodies.

Hey, BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!!!

Hahaha, just kidding. :lol: Gnosis is awesome as well, I'm not familiar with Rimbaud's work, but that quote made me want to be. Any suggestions for an introduction? :D

Metamorphosis has three of the best Ulver songs ever and the worst Ulver song ever. That would be Of Wolves and Withdrawal. Give me some proper ambient over this thing anyday.

I love the first 3 songs on Metamorphosis but "Of Wolves and Withdrawl" is way too ambient.. I usually don't even notice the CD is playing at that point. And I LOVE all 3 songs on Silencing the Singing. Theyre just much more well done.