Off to buy a suit, gahhhhhhhhh

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I wade through life in shorts and chonklas, not looking forward to this poppycock at all. Any tips or suggestions, when it comes to suit buying? I'm going to some joint near the skids called Al Weiss. I don't know if it's mob ran or what, but you can get top of the line suits for around a c note. But before this laborious task is under way, off to get some spic breakfast. I expect 2 pages by the time I return.

I wear shorts, a metal tshirt, and socks with sandals when it's warm. Then socks, jeans, and boots when it's snowy. I have 1 suit when I have to give a talk. I got it at some department store. Works for me.

I'd like to have a nice siut. I would probably go to Banana Republic or Brooks Brothers...but I don't really know. I currently don't have use for one.

good luck, Jerry

MpHqJ.jpg

So I scored a $500 suit for $150 cash out the door. This is an Al Weisz original 100% wool suit, came with free dress shirt and tie thrown in. The entire process was seamless (pun intended), took a grand total of 55 minutes to try on two suits, sort through the color of dress shirt and tie, and walk over to the tailor three blocks down the street for pant alterations. I went with a black suit, ish looks sharp, and can definitely see myself getting something such as what Erik is sporting above. Honestly, I have never had a more enjoyable shopping experience. All the sales personnel were old as shit, the main head being Al Weisz's nephew, who has been running the store front for the past 30 years. Dude looks Romanian too.

if he was Romanian you would have gotten ripped off.

congrats!

leave them another glowing review on Yelp ... make sure you mention RC for maximum new guests.

make sure you mention RC for maximum new guests.
:lol:

Buying clothes confuses me. Occasionally I order band t-shirts online and then once every few years I purchase 2 pairs of jeans when the old ones wear out. Once a year I buy a new pair of New Balance shoes, when the old pair wears out. Right now I'm wearing a shirt my dad gave me. He bought it at a garage sale. It has Death. Death playing a Les Paul. It says MUSIC IS MY WEAPON at the bottom. It's one of those horrifyingly lame all-over flaming print things, and wearing it is my attempt at irony. Most people say "nice shirt" and don't understand that I'm making fun of them. I fail it. :erk:

Oh yeah, suits suck. I have one. Wear it once a year. That is also the one day a year I slick my hair back and look like a community college professor.

EDIT: 2 members & 10 guests btw.

I like suits. I have a Hugo Boss, a Canali and a Ben Sherman. Nothing wrong with looking sharp sometimes.

581362_377916715593611_1059558972_n.jpg