Off-topic debate: "Monotheist" vs "Eparistera Daimones"

OPETH_DT

Sep 7, 2001
RHODE ISLAND (U.S.A.)
Visit site
Thoughts and/or comments as to how these albums turned out and how well they work with each other? I personally can't stop listening to the latter, and it's given me more of an appreciation for the way "Monotheist" came out after such a long layoff. It made sense for me to listen to those two albums after initially playing "Morbid Tales" at maximum volume. I'm hoping to find the Japanese copy of the new one. It has a bonus track, "Shatter".

Although I haven't listened to it in a very long time (probably since it came out), I remember how surprised I was at the overall heaviness of Monotheist. Maybe it's because of the better production capabilities (and didn't Tatgren master it?), but that album's light years beyond anything Celtic Frost previously put out.

I'm glad the heaviness contined for Triptykon, although to sound primitive would have been a step backwards, and Mr. Warrior doesn't do that. Haven't heard the entire thing yet, but what I have sounds like a massive headfuck

Triptykon is the new heavy man. It's that guitar tone. Actually, the entire band are excellent musicians. I really dig the drumming on Esparistera Daimones, which I think means, Demons to the Left.

Fucking amazing, both of them, and like all Celtic Frost before it, they can be good for different reasons and stand side by side. If I had to pick, it would be ED. There's new life there, and the drumming, bass, and new effects and rhythm is amazing.