Off topic help, guitar multiple effects

nadavnaz

Rabi Rape 3!
Nov 30, 2006
Israel, Haifa
I read the rules and there was nothing against this :p So here goes

I live in Israel which the prices at israel suck... So I'm getting a used Multieffect on ebay.

I'm willing to pay up to 100$ including shippment, and the effects I found up to this price range with shippment to israel are:

1.Boss gt-6
2.Boss Gt-3
3.Boss Me-50
4.Digitech GNX1
5.Digietch GNX2
6.Digitech PRX400

Which one of theese would you prefer personally? What are the ups and downs of the effects? (pros and cons)

Thanks a dosen!!

gt-6 is a pretty complicated device, and if you are new to guitar and effects than i wouldn't suggest a gt-6. If you are want a ton of effects and enjoy playing around however, than go for it. Plus if you can get one for 100 bucks then i would buy it anyday

gt-6 is a pretty complicated device, and if you are new to guitar and effects than i wouldn't suggest a gt-6. If you are want a ton of effects and enjoy playing around however, than go for it. Plus if you can get one for 100 bucks then i would buy it anyday

It's my first effect, and probably my last for the next 5 years, so I want it to be something that's worth it.

I don't have much experience, but hey, it's just a device and you gotta learn to make good sound somehow. I wouldn't not buy it just cuz it's my first.
(I'm pretty good with electronics in general, I don't think I'd have much of a problem learning the GT-6. The me-50 is way simpler but is capable of a lot less. It would be a shame not to buy the gt-6 cuz it's complicated)

So you reccomend GT-6 over the others?

Another question, which effect has better distortion? (quality\quantity) the me-50 or the gt-6?

GT-6 for $100???? You may want to make sure it works before you buy it. Someone's pullllinnn yaa leggg.

Yeah if you can get a GT-6 for $100, I think that's where you should go, but then again, a GNX2 for $100 is pretty good as well. I think the Digitech has more to offer as far as features (drum machine and all that shit) but I think the sound quality suffers a little because of that (in comparison to the Boss).

agreed. digitech has always sounded... digital. personally i prefer a more natural tone to my effects, and less "all in one." an fx box should be an fx box, if i wanted a drum machine or a 4track i'd buy seperate and quality ones.

GT-6 for $100???? You may want to make sure it works before you buy it. Someone's pullllinnn yaa leggg.

Na, It's as real as George Bush ;| It's an auction so eventually the price might blow up to 300$ (which is wayyy over my price range)

If I can't get the GT6, should I get a GT3 instead? Is the GT3 still preffered over gnx1 2\RPX400, ME-50?

Thanks m8s!:kickass:

I'd take a GT3 over anything digitech makes. I simply can't stand their stuff. Line 6 is decent, but Boss is king.

Cool, thx for the advice ^^

Oh by the way, It's a public auction so I might very well pay 200$ eventually including shipping. Which for my country is an amazing price even for a used one (here a used GT6 costs at least 460$+)

I'd take a GT3 over anything digitech makes. I simply can't stand their stuff. Line 6 is decent, but Boss is king.

Yeah, I heard good things about the Line 6 POD, and I'm thinking of getting that, since it's cheaper than the GT6, and seems good enough.

the "good" POD is the rack one- xt Pro i think they're calling it now.

i'd still say Boss is on top with the GT-8. They just make the best effects because their approach is very configurable and excellently modeled.

Digitech sounds to me like a Casio keyboard compared to a Steinway. It just sounds so digital, so synthetic, so.... fake. I can't stand any of their stuff.

the "good" POD is the rack one- xt Pro i think they're calling it now.

Isn't that like 400$? I don't think I can get that kind of cash. I was thinking more like the 200$ area, which is why I thought of the Line 6 POD Floor thingy one...
The thing is, I've been playing guitar for around 4-5 years, but only at home, so is it worth paying that much extra, or are the 400$ models only for guys who play live and proffessionally?

It's my first effect, and probably my last for the next 5 years, so I want it to be something that's worth it.

I don't have much experience, but hey, it's just a device and you gotta learn to make good sound somehow. I wouldn't not buy it just cuz it's my first.
(I'm pretty good with electronics in general, I don't think I'd have much of a problem learning the GT-6. The me-50 is way simpler but is capable of a lot less. It would be a shame not to buy the gt-6 cuz it's complicated)

So you reccomend GT-6 over the others?

Another question, which effect has better distortion? (quality\quantity) the me-50 or the gt-6?

Gt-6 has awesome effects, and lots of different options to poke around with. Ive had mine for over a year now and still am finding new things out. There is also a great website with a forum and lots of extra info in case u get stuck (also lots of downloadables if thats your thing www.bossgtcentral.com).

I haven't used a lot of Digitech stuff, but a buddy of mine has one and it sounds great. I love his tone better than mine sometime, but a lot of it has to do with the amp/guitar setup you use. I currently am using a Line 6 spider 210 combo amp with an ibanez rg. I love my processor, but ive heard so many better amps out there so if you are worried about what the gt6 is gonna sound like with your setup, you may want to take steps to try it out first. My 2 cents.

My gt8 was definately not worth the £300 i paid for it. Sounds like crap, unless its for live use. Just sounds thin and tinny.
But it will be the same for most fx pedals except this really awesome vox one that has valves in it and gives the overdrive sound a real punch. Still, 100$ is absolutely amazing value. thats like £50