Off topic help, guitar multiple effects

My gt8 was definately not worth the £300 i paid for it. Sounds like crap, unless its for live use. Just sounds thin and tinny.
But it will be the same for most fx pedals except this really awesome vox one that has valves in it and gives the overdrive sound a real punch. Still, 100$ is absolutely amazing value. thats like £50
that one's decent. about as good as the gt-6/8 i'd say. none of them are as good as plugging straight into a tube amp. you just can't expect that from a modeling box, tubes or not unless you're paying at least twice as much as that.

exactly why it was a complete waste of money for me. I dont play live hardly ever so its kinda useless. because when i hear the tube amp sound i dont even wanna go near my gt8. the vox's distortion is far meatier than the gt8's i may trade it in.

exactly why it was a complete waste of money for me. I dont play live hardly ever so its kinda useless. because when i hear the tube amp sound i dont even wanna go near my gt8. the vox's distortion is far meatier than the gt8's i may trade it in.

Obviously a modeling box isn't equal to a tube amp. But I'm not made of money, I need a solution, and It fits great :p

Obviously a modeling box isn't equal to a tube amp. But I'm not made of money, I need a solution, and It fits great :p

hang on, so whats the problem? You dont have an amp? Of course i realise that not all amps are tube amps lawlz. But even the circuit amps are still better than the complete crap that is an effects board.

I think i may sell on the ol gt8 and get a couple of those MOOG pedals that are out. Clearly a better option.

hang on, so whats the problem? You dont have an amp? Of course i realise that not all amps are tube amps lawlz. But even the circuit amps are still better than the complete crap that is an effects board.

I think i may sell on the ol gt8 and get a couple of those MOOG pedals that are out. Clearly a better option.

I DO have an amp. But a pretty crapp-O one. (don't even ask. It's a marshall 15W practice amp which only has suffecating overdrive on it.)

And I just want a good solution for a good price right now. The gt-6 is it :O

I DO have an amp. But a pretty crapp-O one. (don't even ask. It's a marshall 15W practice amp which only has suffecating overdrive on it.)

:O

I've got a Marshall 30W, with the whole gain/contour thingies, and I'm quite pleased with it. Hardly mind blowing, but for playing at home it certainly does the job.

I've got a Marshall 30W, with the whole gain/contour thingies, and I'm quite pleased with it. Hardly mind blowing, but for playing at home it certainly does the job.

I'm definetly not impressed with it's gain. I want some nicer sound, I like recording some stuff to so I need some more serious sounds

i have a 15 w marshall haha in my room when im not using my head and cab. and trust me, that distortion is still better and more 'real' than the gt8. seriously. Although, apparently you can bypass the distortion sound to the amps so that you can just have the clean and the weird effects. you need a few cables though.

i have a 15 w marshall haha in my room when im not using my head and cab. and trust me, that distortion is still better and more 'real' than the gt8. seriously. Although, apparently you can bypass the distortion sound to the amps so that you can just have the clean and the weird effects. you need a few cables though.

mg15cdr is the amp. It does not have distortion, it only has overdrive, and it's horrible. . .

The gt-6 will obviously give me way way better distortion and overdrive. the mg15cdr's overdrive is horrible! Real or not, I need an all in one to take care of everthing. If I'll get a better amp with (good) OD and DIST then I'll use it's dist. But to now, I need the gt-6 even if it's more digital sounding.

mine is an earlier version of your marshall and trust me. Please do, as its not money you should just throw away. The gt's distortion settings is crap and you end up fiddling with it forever because you cant ever quite get the right tone.

sounds to me that what you really need is a decent amp...

The most decent amp doesn't have as much stuff as the gt-6.. (at least the most decent amp I can afford. actually I can afford none right now)

Understand, I'm leaning more towards quantity other than quality with this.

Just got a GT-6.
Hoepfully its worth it seeing as theres gt-8 and 10.

It should be seeing as it was

this

then this

Any one whos used either would know that they are no good.