Off Topic : Pain Of Salvation

I really believe this is a step forward for the guys, one of the best albums Pain Of Salvation have released, and quite closer to my tastes, since I disliked a little bit their obscure tinge and depressive sound, yet I always admired the quality they unfolded.

The acoustic show they recorded and entitled as "12:5" impressed me quite a lot, combining melodic, strong and sort of etnic passages that led me to buy the album immediately. With "Be", they return to their electric sound but combining melodies now more defined and tasteful. I love this new album, along with "The Perfect Element" one of their best creations!!!

Daniel Gildenlow is really talented.

|ng.

1. Saw Daniel again with The Flower Kings on Sunday. I want to see PoS doing a headliner tour finally!!
2. "Be" is a piece of art. One that makes me paying attention to the lyrics and the concept - which I usually avoid. I don't care for lyrics. But here, you have to.
I think it's a great CD.

Daniel is in my Top3 of musical geniuses: Neal Morse, Steven Wilson, Daniel Gildenlöw (in no particular order).

ich bin besser said:
1. Saw Daniel again with The Flower Kings on Sunday. I want to see PoS doing a headliner tour finally!!

As a matter of fact, I saw them live once, but no headlining the gig. They were coming along to warm up for Dream Theater, it was the closure for the european 6DOIT tour and DT were going to offer two consecutive dates in my city. But I knew little about Pain Of Salvation, I just remember myself saying it was a good show but not specially impressed. Nowadays, I would double the price of the ticket to attend to the acoustic 12:5 gig they did!!!

There was a funny joke that Mike Portnoy cracked to Daniel and the guys: he showed up at the end of the PoS show and shot some of that coloured shit from a spray (how the hell is that named in english?!). It was sort of "closure final joke" on his behalf. :)

|ng.

I saw them headline the first night of ProgPower 2002 in Atlanta. Ironically, we were so exhausted from the flight and how overwelming the event was that we were getting ready to leave just before they came on (I have never heard them before that night). They hit the stage right as we were hitting the door and I heard the opening track and walked back in...my bro followed. I was so entranced with their performance that we didn't even need to muster up the energy to stay.....we watched the entire set and were blown away! I picked up all of their cds the following day (InsideOut booth) and have waited for a live cd/DVD ever since!

Daniel is a genius...nuff said!

Someone turned me on to them about 6 mos. ago. Love the song, 'Home'.

Everything else is 'Eh...' Just can't get into them....

MY three musical geniuses are: Arjen, Peart, and Kerry Livgren

i like Be. though, the concept gets in the way at times. every one of their cd's is concept based, but this one stood out more.

definitely not as heavy as some of their past work. which is not necessarily a bad thing. just felt it was a little uneven in comparison to perfect element and remedy lane which i felt were strong from start to finish. enjoyed it more when moved to my ipod and i could remove some songs and shorten some songs (the mr money dialogue before and after the song, etc).

to those wanting to try out some pos, i would start with remedy lane, then perfect element. if you like those 2, get Be, then the rest of the catalog..

rick..

I fell for the hype a few CD's ago with Entropia and ...Concrete Lake. Never got into them, and I find their stuff boring.

To each his own, i guess...

-dan