Off-topic: Pittsburgh Steelers: 2004 AFC North Champs!!!

Poison God Machine

STEELERS FANBOY
Oct 23, 2004
Bennington, VT
www.geocities.com
*as posted by me at Lapland Metal:

Well, it was another tough game just like last week, and we had a hard time moving the ball at all in the first three quarters, but we absolutely destroyed the Jets in the first quarter. Jerome Bettis got going toward the end of the game, and also had a touchdown pass in the fourth to Jerame Tuman (who is an underrated receiving tight end). The defense took over after that drive, and we come out with the win.

The first three quarters were actually quite painful to watch for me, becayse the Jets drove down the field after being stuck in really poor field position and our defense didn't come up with key stops. Having them down inside the 5 should have been a big momentum swing, but it didn't happen. Plus Ben Rothlisburger had kind of a subpar game, throwing 2 interceptions.

Also, 12 penalties in the first half were not good for the Jets. They nearly overcame those mistakes though. And Curtis Martin, who has been a Steeler killer in the past was held in check.

SUPER BOWL OR BUST!

then we look on the other side of the great state of Pennsylvania and we find the 2004 NFC East Champions, the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, and yes its true, the Steelers walked all over the Eagles BUT, 12-1? I think losing to the Steelers and only the Steelers is quite an accomplishment....

its gonna be a Pennsylvania SuperBowl...

Philadelphia Eagles
vs.
Pittsburgh Steelers

I'm hoping for that at least - the Patriots will probably stand in our way again just like in 2001.

I'm not as scared of them, because this year the Steelers have a much better defense than that year. If the Steelers and Pats meet again in the playoffs, the Steeler defense will have to put a lot of pressure on Tom Brady again.

I'm a neutral fan when it comes to NE and Pittsburgh. However, for Pitt to get to the Superbowl, I feel they will have to win out and get homefield advantage to have a legitimate shot. Beating NE at Gillette in January will be a daunting task, especially with them getting healthier.

By the way, if there was a playoff system and Superbowl of heavy metal music, Nevermore would undoubtedly be in the Superbowl each year. They are like most teams who make it in that they are prolific, creative, imaginative, . . . .

JohnDoe04 said:
By the way, if there was a playoff system and Superbowl of heavy metal music, Nevermore would undoubtedly be in the Superbowl each year. They are like most teams who make it in that they are prolific, creative, imaginative, . . . .

This is hard to argue. I'd vote for them to be there, because they are my favorite band. :)