Off topic: Rarities?

Embla

Liten
Oct 24, 2002
www.popkultur.se
I was looking through the stuff we put away for auctioning, and I contemplated selling the original pressing of Samael's Worship Him, but I just couldn't!
So that got me thinking: what rarity of yours would you *never* sell even though it'd bring in the cash?

My reason for not parting with Samael is that it's simply the best black metal album ever! Forget Norway, or even Sweden - this is it! :headbang:

å

OCTOBER TIDE - Rain Without End

This album is a fucking masterpiece, and it cost me $50.00 US, which is a bargain by all rights. Couldn't PAY me to sell this one!

Kur-Ni-Gi-A and Dead But Dreaming

I got them kinda cheap but damn if I'll ever be arsed to find them again.

Hehe that's just flattering. :)

I do have a mislabeled Iced Earth - Dark Genesis box set, but I think there's too many copies of that to call it a rarity.

The only rarities I would not trade are Ulver - The Trilogie (boxset) and Tenhi - Väre LP (this should arrive to me today or tomorrow, limited 220). And maybe Ulver - Vargnatt (10') and Steel - Heavy Metal Machine (picture 7')...

I don't think I will sell anything from my collection these days, but some rarities would go to trade for right items...

I have a few Simpson comics, and Star Wars action figures (unopened) that I would not sell....but the most rare item I have is this fucking beautiful fur coat that was my grandfather's, it's awesome.

Reanna said:
Well, I am doubting anyone here would care about it, but I have an autographed Toby Keith CD(country singer) from two albums ago..
Aha, but you're forgetting that both Dan and I are major country fans :) If you had said 'Dwight Yoakam' rather than Toby Keith, I would have to come over and live at your house to be near it ;)

Akronaes said:
Does a Children of Bodom "Follow The Reaper" LP count? :erk:
yeah, why not :) It´s not terribly rare but not very common either, so just fine.

I would not sell:

oomph! - Wahrheit oder Pflicht (Promotape)
most Dan-related CDs, including Bloodbath RTC-Promo
Charon-CDs, especially not their promos or the original print of Sorrowburn
some lovely demos of Profane Omen
Lot´s of HIM-singles, an LP of The 69 Eyes,
My Depeche Mode - vinyl (original ones, not new reprints)

actually most of my CDs, rare or not, since I would have to rebuy them later anyways, and most likely more expensive. I sold already almost everything that I had no real need of anymore, so there is almost nothing left with what I could earn some money.

Embla, would you tell me for how much the Dissection-promo got sold? I could not find the link on ebay anymore. I know someone who would have liked to have it, but supposedly not have the money anyways.... but just for having a hint of what is to expect if something like this is on sale again somewhere. Tack.

October Tide - Rain Without End :loco:
Pan.Thy.Monium - Dawn of Dreams vinyl
Ved Buens Ende - Written in Waters, first pressing
All 4 new shirts Blakkheim sold lately
Complete Fabio discography
Complete Akercocke discography
Complete Diabolical Masquerade discography

fireangel said:
Embla, would you tell me for how much the Dissection-promo got sold? I could not find the link on ebay anymore. I know someone who would have liked to have it, but supposedly not have the money anyways.... but just for having a hint of what is to expect if something like this is on sale again somewhere. Tack.
The Dissection demo was sold for $37 to a Swedish guy... weird, I thought it would have ended up somewhere else in the world! Somewhere in the not so distant future we'll put the Dissection "Somberlain" promo cassette up as well. If anyone's into Dismember, check out our page now... I put the Reborn in Blasphemy up now. And Crown of Thorns's demo etc..

i'd never sell my ULVER trilogy box-set (and generally anything ulver related), my Ved buens Ende stuff and my In the woods... stuff ...and 90% precent of my vinyls...