Off topic: Rarities?

Embla said:
Aha, but you're forgetting that both Dan and I are major country fans :) If you had said 'Dwight Yoakam' rather than Toby Keith, I would have to come over and live at your house to be near it ;)
Ah, i did not realize that. but Dwight Yoakam?Gah! Kenny Chesney is the best in country. Toby Keith is great, too.

hmm, i also have the October Tide- Rain Without End. it is signed by JV Valkenburg (the cover artist). I also have an original In Flames- Subterranean CD. A few more original cds like Eucharist and Crystal Age.

I have a cool Amorphis Tales from the United States 1994 tour shirt.

My #1 rarity is definitely my beloved Iron Maiden - Soundhouse Tapes EP. I would cut of my left ball before parting with that one. Some Fields of the Nephilim EP's and bootlegs that are awful hard to find won't leave my collection anytime soon either.

I also have a "The Hobbit" poster that is older than hell itself. I've never seen it anywhere else, but it's called "Bilbo's last song" and is a green poster with lyrics to the song mentioned.

Nefilim said:
My #1 rarity is definitely my beloved Iron Maiden - Soundhouse Tapes EP. I would cut of my left ball before parting with that one.

Hehe. Ask what Dan traded his copy for :devil:

BTW, I never realised IN Flames's Subterranean was rare... I have TWO of those :)

I find it fascinating to hear what people's won't-sells are! I guess my defend-till-death is my Helloween t-shirt I got from Ingo himself back in 88. Not that the "Ingo" part would bring in any cash or so, but it matters to me.

hm. the Subterranean is rare, because they don´t have original prints anymore I guess? I saw just they made a new print of them this year, but then the CD will have the 2004-logo and be clearly distinguishable from the old one. Well. I don´t have it, but today I got the new In Flames record as nice digipak and I am looking forward to the weekend when I can listen to it with headphones on the sofa in the dark =) *happy*

I will never sell my Dark Tranquillity collection, In the woods... demo, Amon Amarth demo, Agalloch 7", Opeth 7".

I won't give away my "Crimson I" shirt and my Unicorn CD's.
Lately I sold an "Atheist" CD (Piece of Time) and got + - 25 Euro for it. I didn't listen to it anymore, so it was a good decision. But I don't think that I got really rare stuff. Does a Possessed "Seven Churches" LP count?

yeah, the original Subterranean is pretty rare. The songs are easily found on the Lunar Strain/Sub rerelease. Also like someone else said subterranean is getting rereleased again but with a different logo.

You could put those 2 original Subterraneans on ebay and probably fetch up to 50$ each for them.

Flaming Death said:
yeah, the original Subterranean is pretty rare. The songs are easily found on the Lunar Strain/Sub rerelease. Also like someone else said subterranean is getting rereleased again but with a different logo.

You could put those 2 original Subterraneans on ebay and probably fetch up to 50$ each for them.
I will put one of them up there, I'd never sell if I didn't have a spare. It features some of the best songs In Flames ever made, IMO.

Oooh...well. Another interessting theme :D
Hmmm...of course all Swanö-Stuff I own.

But these musicstuff I will never miss:
- Belphegor - EP with 3 Songs ( maybe their 1st release on Vinyl ? But a cool Black Sabbath Cover of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" :D )
- Belphegor - The last Supper-CD
- Hooky Hey - Die 7 schönsten Welthits im Gitarren-Sound-EP ( RIP: A local Hardcore-Combo )
- Hooka Hey - 'IT?!' -CD ( RIP: A local Hardcore-Combo )
- Slugathor - 2 EPs ( Wacken 2002: I met the drummer of Slugathor in the bus to the festival and he bought me 2 EPs of his band while we drunk some beers :) )
- Cryptopsy - Blasphemy made Flesh-CD ( A great album and the first version of Blasphemy made Flesh released under Invision Records )
- Depp Jones - At 2012 A.D.-CD ( A sidproject of Bela B. [Drummer of Die Ärzte] that CD now is rare I think)
- Empyrium - Songs of Moors & Misty Fields-CD (A very great german Dark Metal-CD)
- Infestdead - Hellfuck ( The first release of "Hellfuck" :D So it's rare now I think ;) )
- Infestdead - Hellfuck ( The second release of "Hellfuck" including the "Killing Christ" mini CD as bonus !!! and with a different Layout )
- Infestdead - Jesusatan ( The first release of "Jesusatan" )
- Infestdead - Angeldemon-T-Shirt ( Well...a good old Infestdead-Shirt :D )
- Tiamat - Clouds ( A very great Dark Metal Album )
- Tiamat - Wildhoney ( Great stuff too )
- Dark Funeral - The Secrets of the black Arts-Digi ( Great Black Metal )
- Immortal - Battles in the North-Digi ( Great Black Metal too )
- Godsend - A wayfarers tear-Digi ( Greaaaaaat Doom-Rock )
- Moonspell - Wolfheart-Digi ( My 1st Digi that was cheaper than the normal LP :D And a great Album too)
- Diabolical Masquerade - All CDs ( Diabolical Masquerade rulz )
- Star One - Spacemetal-Digi( Yeah...another great ruling stuff with Dan Swanö too :D )
- Nasum - inhale/exhale-CD
- Nasum - Human 2.0-CD
- Nasum - Helvete-CD ( These are 3 great GrindCore-Asskicking and brainblasting CDs. Well I am a Nasumfan too )
- Godgory - Shadow's dance-CD ( Just listen to this...it's a very nice Album )
- Amon Amarth - The Avenger-CD ( I think that album is their greatest output...great Death Metal )
- Edge of Sanity - All CDs (No comment )
- Nightingale - All CDs (What's that ?! )
- Dan Swanö - Moontower (Wacken 1998: I have bought this masterpiece but couldnt listen to it until I was @ home to put it in my Hifi :D Fucking great...I love it. And some of my friends too )

There are many things I could write about...but that's too much I mean. So that's what I don't want to miss...

I dont know, but how rare is an original unremastered version of Rush's 2112??? I just bought one at a shop for about 7 bucks, and its a great album, but Im wondering whether it is rare at all??

The Neckless Lobster said:
OCTOBER TIDE - Rain Without End

This album is a fucking masterpiece, and it cost me $50.00 US, which is a bargain by all rights. Couldn't PAY me to sell this one!

haha... sorry can't help but point out.... if you've been "selling" things without getting paid.... i think you might have the concept a little mixed up... hehehe i think the point of selling things IS to get paid :p