Official FREAK KITCHEN biography: Freak When Spoken To

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
OFFICIAL FREAK KITCHEN BIOGRAPHY TO BE PUBLISHED THIS MONTH; UNBOXING VIDEO STREAMING

"...Now you may ask: what is Freak Kitchen? You might have heard of them because someone told you they have a really cool guitar player, Mattias IA Eklundh. But Freak Kitchen isn’t your standard shredder band. For more than 20 years, this Swedish trio has explored new hard rock territory and beyond: they stretch the musical limits, but know the importance of a good hook.

There’s no shortage of blogs and websites delving into the hows of Freak Kitchen’s music: reviews, analyses, and IA Eklundh’s guitar clinics where music lesson meets stand-up comedy. This official biography is more concerned with the whys; why do they sound the way they do? Why does IA Eklundh write the kind of lyrics he does?"

freakkitchenbio.jpg

Music journalist Åsa Anastasia Jonsén has interviewed all Freak Kitchen’s members, past and present, as well as their families, friends, and business partners over a period of several years and puts it all into context. She digs deep into problematic childhoods, asks uncomfortable questions about band democracy, revealing a vast cornucopia of musical nerdery.

This book also features exclusive sheet music for “Silence!” (complete score approved by the band), and pictures from the members’ private photo albums.

Freak When Spoken To: The Story Of Freak Kitchen will be published on August 31st. Check out an unboxing video here:

https://www.facebook.com/FreakWhenSpokenTo

I would love to watch this. They're a genuinely fascinating band.

Also I bet a certain someone here already has 20 import editions on the way.

I never heard a word about the DVD, not long after I heard it was a possibility. Apparently there is a lot of live video footage. I will have to ask next time I chat with any of them....

Def. looking forward to the book, I'm sure they will be sold from the FK web shop as well. Either way, I can't wait to read this. :devil: